Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Ok everyone, my muscovies are sneezing. Just saw that my drake had a sneezing fit, sneezed maybe 5 or 6 times before he stopped. Why is this? Are they sick too sinze they are so close to the chickens?

These are the only pictures we have right now. I will have to take some better ones.

well i put a tray of muscovy eggs in the bator each week for 4 weeks

i got a bunch of blood ring eggs which i removed along with a few clears

this left we with a dozen that were due this week (yesterday)

no signs of life

i was weighing them & figured out that the bator was too dry so then i started to add water to the pan to get up to

about 40% humidity

my broody hens hatch out ducklings no problem as long as i mist the eggs every other day

but i have yet to get 1 to hatch in my $800 sportsman

i guess i better stick with chickens

i can hatch em by the hundreds in my sleep

Last edited:
well i put a tray of muscovy eggs in the bator each week for 4 weeks

i got a bunch of blood ring eggs which i removed along with a few clears

this left we with a dozen that were due this week (yesterday)

no signs of life

i was weighing them & figured out that the bator was too dry so then i started to add water to the pan to get up to

about 40% humidity

my broody hens hatch out ducklings  no problem as long as i mist the eggs every other day 

but i have yet to get 1 to hatch in my $800 sportsman 

i guess i better stick with chickens

i can hatch em by the hundreds in my sleep

I've only tried to hatch Muscovies in my home made cooler incubator once, and my hatch rate was low, 2/12, amd it took a lot of work and care to keep even those 2 alive.. then I let my duck hatch a clutch and got 12/13. Muscovies definitely arent chickens, or other breeds of ducks at that. If you have ducks, I'd say just leave it to them! Plus it's less work on you because momma will raise them ;)

Last edited:
You should have just gotten a Brinsea mini advanced. Every set that I've put in mine have hatched out at least 1 but that was only one time. The rest of the times i hatched out all of the babies except one or two, and it was cheap, but not a high egg capacity)
i bought it to hatch out a few hundred chicken eggs a season

it works great for that

the mini would just not be big enough

but it might be a good choice for ducklings only

Back
Top Bottom