Muscovy Question

Jen4

Songster
11 Years
Sep 7, 2008
Munfordville, KY
Do they lay an egg everyday or skip days? I've gotten 1, 4 days in a row. I have 2 duck hens, I kinda think 1 has a hidden nest... shes very slick about slippin away when I'm not lookin. I go out & look for the nest, but no luck yet.

It took me a while to find one my my girls' hidden nests. you really do have to watch them for a while. Mine finally became broody though and then it was easy to figure out where hers was, just watched her run off to it after she peeped at me and i fed her.
smile.png
Sometimes they do skip, especially if you collect eggs daily, i think it irritates them so they skip or the go lay somewhere else.

Ok... Thanks Bleenie. Dont think I'm gonna find it until shes goes broody & sets, then I'll have all 6 of us out huntin in the yard. This weekend might be nice so we might hunt the yard then. I look around when I'm out, but no luck.

So far the only oddball places my girls have laid is in the feed/hay shed inside of some nest boxes i have stored
roll.png
and then the broody girl is at the end of the house. everyone else stays close to the coops or lays in the 2 nests under the biggest coop. Theyt can be tricky though, I had one girl, a couple years ago, that waddled all the way across the property to an old shed to build her nest.

Back
Top Bottom