Mustang has decided..Incubating time!

@BantyChooks, Hows your eggs going?
pop.gif

Day 6 of Incubation I have sworn not to candle the eggs until day 8 (Why? Because I would be candling the eggs everyday and just looking at those little chicks...) All are doing well for now. The egg that I covered with candle wax (because of the crack) Is doing extremely well...Yes... I keep candling that egg to make sure its alive..

I will take a pic of the waxy egg tonight when I candle it
yesss.gif

I have one question though. Has anyone ever incubated duck eggs and chicken eggs at the same time? Is the Humidity and Temperature needs the same? I plan on hatching both duck and chicken, But I want to make sure that its do-able.

They are gorgeous! You gave it your best shot, So there's nothing to be disappointed about
thumbsup.gif

I have to say I've had the worst hatching though, 3 eggs are left, 3 eggs out of 16 can you believe it!? I had 4 left as of yesterday but it decided to quit I guess
idunno.gif
Well its now 2 days till lockdown...

@BantyChooks Names...Have you got names for your little balls of joy?

Jazzy (white) and Topaz. (brown)

The one egg that quit I shouldn't have even set. It was extremely thin-shelled and dirty......
-Banti

2 eggs left
barnie.gif
What is wrong with my bator
th.gif

Its day 16 the temp is 37.5 and the Humidity is at 50. What is wrong? What should I be doing? I took some pictures of the chick that died (It was alive yesterday) when I did eggtopsy hoping I could figure out the problem.

I need to fix this problem if its something to do with Humidity and Temp. Or is this just another quitter?

-Mustang

Back
Top Bottom