My Babies Are Hatching!!!!!!!!!!

For wrapping a chicken:
1. Place the hen on on a countertop that is at about waist or hip height for the person doing the wrapping (I usually do my chicken check-ups in the bathroom, on the counter).
2. Take a bath towel that is long enough to go around her body at least one-and-a-half times, and wide enough to go past her head a few inches, and place it with a long side against her legs, covering her toes. The chicken's feet should be about in midway from either end of the towel.
3. Pick up both wide ends of the towel and wrap them around her body snugly, pinning her wings, end over end.
4. Pick up the hen and flip her carefully onto her back and place her on the countertop. Her head should be covered with the towel, as a chicken is usually calmed by having something over their eyes. Keep a hand on her keel when inspecting her legs and feet, to steady her and to keep hold of her if she struggles.

A while ago, Najika broke her ankle somehow and was limping pretty bad for a few days. It healed pretty much perfectly, with only a noticeable lump, without being set, though. She's just as active and bossy now as she was before. I don't know how she broke it... she broke her middle toe on the other foot sometime before, and that healed fine, too. She's a tough one.
Anyway, if your hen has something that you think needs setting, by all means, do so -- I won't be able to give any sort of advice, unfortunately, but good luck.
Alright, I checked out Nugget. She doesn’t have a break, maybe a torn muscle. I have her inside, waiting for help. Do I still need to wrap her up?

Whoa, what!?
The poor thing... I suppose that, on the one hand, it isn't suffering anymore, but on the other....
Sorry that this happened. Are the others all right?

Back
Top Bottom