My CRAZY "perchless" chickens

6of6chicks

Songster
5 Years
Jun 9, 2014
I'm in the process of re-doing their perch in the coop, which means I had to take out the old perches first. The paint on the new perch & ladder is drying so it isn't installed yet. I just thought for one night they could bed down on the floor of the coop and it would be no big deal. They're only 8 weeks and still babies, so it will be fine. They wouldn't LIKE it, but tough!

I went out to check on them before bed and this is what I saw:

One jumped down when I turned the light on, but ALL five chickens had CRAMMED themselves onto the 2 x 4 ledges of the coop frame! These are 8 week old buff orpingtons - already pretty big birds. Four were on the lower ledge - that section is only 1.5 feet long! The one on the top is the queen of the pecking order. No surprise she flew herself four feet up there to be at the tippy top.

I don't know HOW they can sleep like that! They were jam-packed on that ledge. I was cracking up so much I had to get the camera and take a picture.

I'm sure they will be VERY glad to get their new perch tomorrow!
lol.png

lau.gif
Silly little girls!!

I know, right?
lol.png

I don't know why this is, but there's what I WANT the chickens to do, what I THINK the chickens will do, and what THEY decide to do - and those three things are NEVER the same, lol. Silly birds. I'm very glad I got chickens - they make me laugh every day!

Back
Top Bottom