My Dad needs prayers please!

cknmom

Songster
12 Years
Apr 10, 2007
Dickson TN
I just found out that my Dad was put into ICU on sunday. He has been in the hospital since july5th, they thought he had an intestinal blockage. All tests for that were negative. I guess he had some pain sun. they gave him morphene and he started having heart problems. They put him in ICU and as of today he has a low heart rate, the tube is back in his throat, he's being fedd by a tube as he has a thrush infection. He is having a colonoscopy today or tomorrow. He has been fighting cancer for 11 yrs. and has to go into the hospital for a week at a time every few months for an intensive chemo treatment. It was a few days after he got home from his last one that this all started.
I don't know wether to go see him or not, he isn't doing well and he is so weak I don't know if he can handle it and he can't talk to me. I don't want to break down in there, that would be too hard on him. The last time I visited in june he was fine and we were making plans for them to come visit us.
Please pray for him, at least he's not in pain.

Monica

I've been there. With my Dad 17 years ago. Prayers coming your way.

JMO but go see him. Those last few weeks with my Dad were wonderful. We had never talked and talked that much in my entire growing up or into my adulthood.
I treasures all those moments and there were times when I did all the talking because he couldn't but he talked to me with his eyes and touch.

Jacie

Prayers are with you, if you don't go see him, regardless if he knows you are there or not, you will always regret it. If you can possibly afford the trip to...........?
hugs.gif

I lost my dad fifteen years ago this week. He was in a coma after a stroke, but I am so glad that I was ther even though he couldn't respond. (He only lived 24hrs after it.)
If you can afford to go, you won't regret it. If you can't, you know that you were there when you could still talk and enjoy each other.
hugs.gif

Sending lots of prayers your way ..for your Daddy and for you! And I agree ..go see him! You'd be surprised what kind of strength you can muster up to control the "break down" ..and he will be all the better for seeing his daughter's face
wink.png

Some 12 years ago, I got a call that my Daddy was hospitalized and his docs were not optimistic any longer ..he'd been struggling with Leukemia, CHF and Stroke recovery for some time....

That's all I had to hear.. I packed up my apartment, put it into storage, packed a duffel and hopped the next thing moving to GA! I was able to get my Daddy out of that hospital and bring him home, myself! It was a memorable time, believe me.. for all of us!

He even had a huge turn around the last few months ..his docs were very surprised... and I have a lifetime worth of memories of my Daddy!

Go and see him!
smile.png

I will be praying for you family. I lost my dad back in 1995 I still miss him!! He used to call me every week. I got to talk to hm just few days before he died. I wish now I had spent more time with him.

Back
Top Bottom