My dad thinks it's a brain tumor...

How much does Sugar weigh? I'm thinking something like Tylan will help her if it's an infection. I just had a hen survive a coyote attack by cleaning the area with iodine solution mixed with water until it looked like the strength of iced tea, 1/4 cc of tylan 200 once a day orally, vit and minerals in her water and anything I could get her to eat until she started to feel better I also mixed 10 yes Ten baby asprin 81 mg in 1 cup 8 oz of the vit mineral water for pain. Little Red weighs about 6 lbs. Let the wound drain.
Hope she pulls through! Sorry you're going through this.

She is about... A pound? Maybe less? Or more? She's a banty so I don't know
hmm.png

And I'll get pics up as soon as I can.

Here is the thing now. With bandaid on, wound, the pink stuff that comes out, and her still swollen face.
71441_sugarbabeeh_001.jpg

71441_sugarbabeeh_003.jpg

Yeah I had to cut some feathers off..
71441_sugarbabeeh_004.jpg

71441_sugarbabeeh_005.jpg

She will be sleeping with me tonight. Tomorrow I'll be softening this thing with plenty of warm water. No wonder the people who had her before gave her to us for free >_>

First it was a little bump. It went away. Then a bigger bump, it went away too. Now this?!
Well I must be the most cruel person in the world mods you can just lock the thread now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Lance your own flesh and let me know if it "hurts a little."

I was just trying to help.. Sorry. I am not a nurse so I didnt know what was best, I was just trying to help the chicken. And yes I know it would hurt.

Dad says tumors don't drain.. She didn't make any noise or move at all when I lanced her. And I was very careful too.
I don't wanna put her down unless I know she isn't going to make it..
These vets told us one of dachshunds had to be put down. Lucky's back legs weren't working and he was dragging them around. The vets didn't do surgery, only spaying and nutering (i know thats surgery too but i mean serious stuff). They told us to put him down so he wouldn't suffer. We were gonna try a wheelchair, but my mom found a better solution. She soaked his legs in warm water with epsom salt and then gave his legs a massage. My mom kept doing this for a few days and he was walking again. We give him joint and bone vitamins everyday. He's doing much better although Lucky has a "bump" or a curve on his lower back.
Sometimes animals can live through it.. Even if Sugar can't, I can't euthanize her right this second. I can't take her to vet tomorrow while my mom is away and my dad is handicapped. I'm not totally sure what I can do for her right now except give watch her closely and talk to her. She is one of my favorites and my favorites are dearest to me.

Back
Top Bottom