My dog thinks he is a Duck and my family think Im Quacked!

PadCo

Hatching
May 12, 2015
I adopted two Pekin Ducks going on 6 weeks now and I also adopted two Khaki Campbells 2 weeks old now. I have three dogs, one of them being a miniature Shitzu named Scamp. Scamp loves his babies and is very protective of the ducks. He is constantly on guard making sure the cats stay away from them. The issue is .... I think Scamp figures he is a duck... he wants to do everything they do< eat their food< drink their water and eat their treats. The ducks are very accepting of Scamp and they will let Scamp clean them and share water and feed with them. I try to keep Scamp out of their feed because I do worry that this may not be good for him ... but he usually only takes a little tiny bit and runs for water. .... Speaking of water there is one more thing that Scamp does and makes me think he is totally thinking he is a duck... Scamp hates ... HATES ... swimming .. well guess what.. he now follows the ducks in to the pond and seems to have no problem with it. It is so funny to watch and just amazes me how well they get along. Scamp my "Doggy Duck". Does anyone else have a dog that thinks he is a duck?

After adopting my feathered family I, like every new parent want to show off my babies and talk about all their adventures and accomplishments. I decided instead of pissing some non duck lovers off on My friends list on Facebook. I decided to create their own facebook page where my friends can choose to follow or not. I also did this so hat my Grandaughter ad Grandson who live a fair distance away can watch them grow and be part of their life. Kind of like a virtual penpal. Upon creating the page and posting to let everyone know that they had the option to follow or not.... my brother sent me a message saying.. "please tell me you did not create a facebook page for your ducks" .... he just does not understand I guess. I explained why I did, but he still thinks Im Quacked!! Oh well his loss!! and I think he is actually warming up to the idea now anyhow.
big_smile.png
Just thought I would share.. Have a great day everyone!

I adopted two Pekin Ducks going on 6 weeks now and I also adopted two Khaki Campbells 2 weeks old now. I have three dogs, one of them being a miniature Shitzu named Scamp. Scamp loves his babies and is very protective of the ducks. He is constantly on guard making sure the cats stay away from them. The issue is .... I think Scamp figures he is a duck... he wants to do everything they do< eat their food< drink their water and eat their treats. The ducks are very accepting of Scamp and they will let Scamp clean them and share water and feed with them. I try to keep Scamp out of their feed because I do worry that this may not be good for him ... but he usually only takes a little tiny bit and runs for water. .... Speaking of water there is one more thing that Scamp does and makes me think he is totally thinking he is a duck... Scamp hates ... HATES ... swimming .. well guess what.. he now follows the ducks in to the pond and seems to have no problem with it. It is so funny to watch and just amazes me how well they get along. Scamp my "Doggy Duck". Does anyone else have a dog that thinks he is a duck?

After adopting my feathered family I, like every new parent want to show off my babies and talk about all their adventures and accomplishments. I decided instead of pissing some non duck lovers off on My friends list on Facebook. I decided to create their own facebook page where my friends can choose to follow or not. I also did this so hat my Grandaughter ad Grandson who live a fair distance away can watch them grow and be part of their life. Kind of like a virtual penpal. Upon creating the page and posting to let everyone know that they had the option to follow or not.... my brother sent me a message saying.. "please tell me you did not create a facebook page for your ducks" .... he just does not understand I guess. I explained why I did, but he still thinks Im Quacked!! Oh well his loss!! and I think he is actually warming up to the idea now anyhow.
big_smile.png
Just thought I would share.. Have a great day everyone!

That's the duck effect. you are mostly
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom