My ducks first spring!

Pics
Which kc, the eating one or the flying one? The eating one is my girl Blondie ( she's the lightest brown of all of them), she is such a dear. Side note, my dogs name is Mildred
Several times we were building, and we had to tell her, do you want this, or this, coz ya can't have both it's not physically possible. It was that bad...lol
Congratulations! You have snow! Mine all melted today. Yeah, all that white stuff in the pictures I took this morning is gone.
Runners are such clowns. If you watch spyderks video from the beginning of this thread, you can see his ones running all over. Hilarious!
The flying one. That's cool! What kind of dog do you have? Oh wow!
ep.gif
lau.gif

Boy, I wish we would get some melting around here.
sad.png

Yep we got a lil snow this afternoon but the biggest amount tonight into the morning and it won't melt before Tuesday probably gosh it's going to feel like that Far Far away place that @Spyderk117 lives.
tongue.png

Those are beautiful photos, @Miss Lydia ! I've noticed that my Runner mama seems to have a lot more trouble in the snow than her babies or the scovies...they left her in the dust (well, snow) this morning on the way to the food bowls. She has to warm her feet a lot more often than they do.

Those are beautiful photos, @Miss Lydia ! I've noticed that my Runner mama seems to have a lot more trouble in the snow than her babies or the scovies...they left her in the dust (well, snow) this morning on the way to the food bowls. She has to warm her feet a lot more often than they do.
My Runners went inside and haven't been back out. I took their heated bowl with ff in it and put it inside boy will I have a mess but bless their hearts they have to eat. lol

I think the Runners just don't have the body fat on them to with stand the cold like the rest, but hey My Muscovy's are not venturing out either.

My Runners went inside and haven't been back out. I took their heated bowl with ff in it and put it inside boy will I have a mess but bless their hearts they have to eat. lol

I think the Runners just don't have the body fat on them to with stand the cold like the rest, but hey My Muscovy's are not venturing out either.

Yes, the FF is problematic when it's this cold...I'm cracking leftovers out of frozen (rubber) bowls! I think the ducks and chickens have figured out that they have to eat fast in this weather, but they also get a midday scratch and seed snack when it's like this, so no one's going hungry.

I think you're absolutely right about the Runners and their lack of body fat - they're like the supermodels of the duck world.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom