My first EE egg!!

Lesa

Songster
11 Years
May 28, 2008
Upstate NY
I thought for sure I would have to wait till spring- but two days in a row, I found a green egg! All eggs are kind of magical, but these green ones are super cool. It was a 36 week wait, but worth it! Suddenly, all my chickens have decided to start laying again! It is very cold (below zero nights) and not much better during the day! I have to start carrying my basket out to the coop- the eggs won't fit in my pockets anymore!

I love it when I have to carry a basket! Nothing like walking back to the house with a full basket of eggs. Especially when you have blue, green, brown, and white all mixed together. So pretty.

I was eggsited that another one of my hens started to lay for the first time a Golden comet named Rusty! Not as eggsiting as the first egg, from my White Rock named Bake (Shake was lost to a racoon) and didn't realize how much larger the eggs have become, from a medium size to a large size. Still have 5 more pullets, getting ready to lay.

Congrats!
yippiechickie.gif

Hi Lesa from The Easy Garden crew lol. It is interesting that I just got my first EE egg Saturday. My girl is 8 months old though. I love the color of them too. She's already given me four since Saturday. Congrats
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom