My first hatch update/story

@Ducklady87 thank you!!
I feel like I’ve been candling them too much.. like every day for the past few days .. today I did this morning and then thought maybe I shouldn’t or like what will it do to it .. and so I’m not going to anymore for a week I think and I was candling them for just like a minute so not a long time but yeah. How often did you candle your eggs what do you think?

@Ducklady87 thank you!!
I feel like I’ve been candling them too much.. like every day for the past few days .. today I did this morning and then thought maybe I shouldn’t or like what will it do to it .. and so I’m not going to anymore for a week I think and I was candling them for just like a minute so not a long time but yeah. How often did you candle your eggs what do you think?
To be one hundred percent honest I have no idea if you can "over candle" them. I candled mine for just about every day, as I needed to moniter when they looked like theu were about to hatch. I did not see any downside to it.

I will say, however, just be aware of how much you are opening the incubator and for how long. I always opened it quickly and grabbed and egg and shut it while I candled. Then I rinsed and repeated. Then I added any water needed to keep humidity up after losing some from opening.

Hello! So my duck eggs are 19 days on and so I just went to go spray them with water and leave them out of the incubator for like 10 minutes but... I ate lunch and completely forgot about them ( I know I’m terrible!!) so they were probably out for about 30 minutes and then I rushed down stairs and put them in the incubator quick! They were rlly warm but they weren’t cold either. Do you think they will be okay? It was only 30 minutes.. I really hope they are okay!:fl😩

Back
Top Bottom