My First Hatching Experience!!!

chickieluver26

Songster
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
San Antonio Texas
Hello fellow BYC members!!! I've always had chickens but have never hatched them, instead buying them as chicks from feed stores and hatcheries. As a child I got my first chickens when I was given two "fertile" eggs from a family friend. We set up a joke as and incubator! It was a bucket with a heating pad and towel
1f601.png
. When they didn't hatch(not a surprise!!!) my parents knew I would be upset so they bought two older chicks(I don't know why I didn't notice how old they were!). I now am planning a hatch of Seramas. If all goes well I'm hoping to start a business selling chickens. I ordered 12 silkied,frizzle, and smooth serama hatching eggs that will hopefully be sent out tomorrow from a BYC member. I bought a Hovabator Genesis and egg turner that I will be using. I am very excited to begin this new chapter of my chicken keeping and I hope y'all enjoy my story as I keep you updated!!!
-Alicia

I'm going to be hatching Serama eggs as well! :D This is the second time I'll be trying to hatch Seramas (in the first try only 2 chicks made it to lockdown but died before pipping:(). I'm going to set 6+ eggs in my homemade incubator and the eggs should arrive sometime next week. Where are you getting your eggs from?

I bought my first 7 serama eggs from ebay. I had one hatch today. I still have hope for 1 more, but I know the others did not make it. I did fid another person about 60 miles south of me that sells eggs (Florida) I am going down there on Friday to pick up 18 more eggs. Maybe I will have better luck since these will not have the rough handling from the mail. This little one is not even 2 inches tall with blonde fuzz. Can't wait to see what color the feathers will be!

I'm going to be hatching Serama eggs as well! :D This is the second time I'll be trying to hatch Seramas (in the first try only 2 chicks made it to lockdown but died before pipping:(). I'm going to set 6+ eggs in my homemade incubator and the eggs should arrive sometime next week. Where are you getting your eggs from?

I will be getting my eggs from @HatTrickSilkies and goodly I with you hatch I hope both of our hatches go well!!!

I bought my first 7 serama eggs from ebay. I had one hatch today. I still have hope for 1 more, but I know the others did not make it.  I did fid another person about 60 miles south of me that sells eggs (Florida) I am going down there on Friday to pick up 18 more eggs. Maybe I will have better luck since these will not have the rough handling from the mail.  This little one is not even 2 inches tall with blonde fuzz. Can't wait to see what color the feathers will be!

Awww it sounds adorable!!! Any pics you can post???

Back
Top Bottom