My first time...we have pips and peeps!...(pics)..day 22

Steve

Ye Olde Henhouse Builder
13 Years
Feb 18, 2008
Eaton County, Michigan
Well, here I go.

I received a phone call very early this morning telling me my eggs had arrived at the post office. They were packaged with care and no damage at all. I'll be saving the box and all those bubble wrappers to send some back.

I got 1 doz. BBS Orps and 1 doz. Red Orps from Miss Prissy. I also had asked my neighbor for some fertile eggs he might have to fill up the bator.

The 24 closest to the camera are MP's and the remaining 18 toward the back are the neighbors....lettered "S" and the white eggs.

Hova-bator has been holding a steady temp of 99.9 the last two days, with a humidity reading of 42%......sometimes 44.

007-3.jpg

Miss Prissy has a number/letter system on the eggs. Looks like a 1, a R, and either a M or 3. If you read this Angie, would you mind telling me what those denote?

004-1.jpg

So......wish me luck!

Last edited:
Okay...question.

The humidity went up to 52% after I had all the eggs in there.....will it come down after a while?

Before eggs, when I was testing.....it was 42-44%

Quote:
I'm not sure Steve. I haven't paid a lot of attention to the humidity in mine. I just make sure C tray is filled and forget about it.

If you feel like it needs to come down, you can take the vent plug out for a while until it gets back down to where you want it.

Back
Top Bottom