My first time...we have pips and peeps!...(pics)..day 22

One more thing Steve- I incubate with very high humidity so it would probably be good for you to monitor and keep it where you want it. Experiment for your first few hatches and see what works best for you where you are at.

Quote:
I think adding the eggs will up the humidity because the eggs are porous and will lose moisture and up the humidity. That said, I think you have two choices. Leave it alone and let it play out or take the vent plug out and let it come down to where you want it. I left mine alone when I was doing it. Let me know what you decide to do and how it goes.

Steve, you're just fine. just keep your eye on the humidity and fill the little tray with water.

it holds 1 Cup. i just fill a liquid measuring cup with 1 Cup VERY hot water and top off, about every other day.

soon there will be chickies!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I never knew it measured one cup. That's good to know. You can fasten a tube to a syringe or a turkey baster and feed the tube through the vent plug so you never have to open the bator until you take the turner out too. I know I already said this in a PM Steve but I figured I'd throw it in here for everyone to read.

i didn't know it was one cup either. i figured it out by a fluke.

i top off when i candle. that way the least time with the bator open.

the tubing works very nicely for filling too! keeps things even and sanitary.

First thing this morning when I got up (even before coffee) was to check my humidity level. It has come down to 50%.

I don't know how you can see the water level......everything is so filled up between the turner and the eggs, I can bearely see the wire screen in spots.

Good luck with your hatch,
I am trying a new bater 1588
and put 4oz. water in every day with a straw poke thru the
taking the plug out, and its been keeping 99.9 temp
51-55 humidity. this is my first test run-But only doing a doz.
of my own cochin
eggs..

Quote:
when i candle, i take the whole turning tray out and quickly top off the water. put the tray back in and then candle quickly. the temps and humidity jump right back up. the HB is great for that.

Back
Top Bottom