My first time...we have pips and peeps!...(pics)..day 22

You can use a turkey baster and pull out the water and let it run dry. Once the humidity is down add it back 1/2 cup at a time until you get it right.

I pulled out that red plug and humidity has been dropping while temp stays the same. Right now it is at 46%.

Miss Jayne.....I might be putting you on speed dial....
lau.gif

I told Judy what to watch for with the thermometer/hygrometer....then the conversation went like this:

Her: Hunny...how many eggs are in there?

Me: 42

Her: 42? 42 eggs are gonna be hatching?

Me: well, that's a theory....but they may not all hatch.

Her: How many do you think?

Me: Well I have no way of knowing.....maybe 36?...maybe.

Her: What are we gonna do with 36 chicks?

Me: Well, the white eggs are for someone else....there are 7 of them.

Her: figuring....So what are we gonna do with 29 more hens?

Me: Honey, they won't all be hens....maybe half.

Her: Oh,....so what are you gonna do with about 15 roosters?

Me: Well Miss-Jayne gets one, and vicki might have a home for another for a 4H kid......and, uh, ...well....

Her: I got a idea, since when you bought the BLRW pullets you also had to take a rooster, I think whoever you are giving those 7 white egg chicks to should have to take the roosters too....you are NOT killing our babies.

Me: Yes dear.

I'll say it again.....this is a woman who didn't want chickens to begin with....what have I created?
th.gif

Congratulations Steve. Mine didn't want chickens to begin with either, and she still doesn't want chickens. What's your secret?

I bet the hatch we be fine. I was a first timer just his past year, knew nothing and still managed a good hatch.

MJ is lways there to save day.

Quote:
Oh you are getting them as soon as they start laying eggs. I'm not getting rid of that rooster, she has gotten attached anyways to him. Wish I could hurry them along for you.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh you are getting them as soon as they start laying eggs. I'm not getting rid of that rooster, she has gotten attached anyways to him. Wish I could hurry them along for you.

Whatever you do, DO NOT wish them to hurry. The waiting will KILL you!
he.gif

gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom