My flock goes from one sickness to another. I really need some help.

dolfi

Songster
6 Years
Apr 23, 2013
kissimmee, florida
My chicken math is growing yet not to how much I have incubated and bought. I loose at least 8 chicks a week.
First it was flow pox and now I thought it was coccidiosis. I gave them corid for a week and I still am losing them. I have them now on a wire cage. They have 5 weeks and seems to be always cold. Temperature outside is in the high 80, (Florida) and they still are suffocating each other.
I need help.

My chicken math is growing yet not to how much I have incubated and bought. I loose at least 8 chicks a week.
First it was flow pox and now I thought it was coccidiosis. I gave them corid for a week and I still am losing them. I have them now on a wire cage. They have 5 weeks and seems to be always cold. Temperature outside is in the high 80, (Florida) and they still are suffocating each other.
I need help.

Can we see a picture of the cage and chicks so we can get an idea of your set up?

Do you have a coop and run ready for them to move into? At their age that's where they really should be rather then in a brooder or cage situation. How many chicks do you have and how much space are they in? Pic's would definitely help.

Way too drafty. And that wire bottom doesn't look very safe for little chick feet. If you can set that flat on the ground and put plywood around the sides, but leave the top open, they would do much better.

Back
Top Bottom