My Goats First Kidding

I never really could feel her ligaments before this past couple days because she's always been skittish, so i dont know what they feel like normally, but when I feel them now they aren't at all tight, but I can feel them there

They start feeling like a pencil, then just progressively get softer until they are "gone". I guessing the behavior you were seeing was just stretching getting kids in place.

So I went into to town to go to the doctor, I wasn't gone more than an hour and my mom called me saying that Ducky had the baby! I'm not sure if she's had two but the first one has a black head and a white and brown body! Pictures to come!

My phone won't upload any pictures right now but we have an adorable tri color gray eyed buckling! We've named him Duncan. He was having trouble nursing but after a good half an hour of showing him where to nurse and putting milk on my finger and letting him suck on it, he finally got the hang of it and is nursing really well now!

Congrats! Being born is pretty crazy business. It just takes some kids longer to nurse than others. Enjoy your baby!

Hey that was a great story
i have only just got some mini goats i have a pair of 8 months boy an girl and yesterday i got another pair but they are cameroon , boy an girl 2years ols
as soon as i let them onto the gardenn he was mounting her !!!!!! bit scarey as i hadnt thought that far ahead

I would like to put them all together will they be ok???

all that i have read is not always like hetting it from owners do you have to be there evry time they birth to clean the babies????

Hey that was a great story
i have only just got some mini goats i have a pair of 8 months boy an girl and yesterday i got another pair but they are cameroon , boy an girl 2years ols
as soon as i let them onto the gardenn he was mounting her !!!!!! bit scarey as i hadnt thought that far ahead

I would like to put them all together will they be ok???

all that i have read is not always like hetting it from owners  do you have to be there evry time they birth to clean the babies????

Congrats on the new goats! I'm not sure aboutputting all the goats together, I'm pretty new to this, but as for the goats kidding without help, Ducky had Duncan without me, I came back from work and ta da! There he was all cleaned up and trying to walk, so they can have them without help, but I've read sometimes they do need assistance.

Back
Top Bottom