My goose has lost Waight

Charlie Stuart

In the Brooder
Mar 14, 2023
So, I have a Roman Tufted Gander and I believe he has worms. Because he has lost Waight and is having Balance problems. I have been giving him safeguard Horse dewormer. However, he has lost a lot of Waight, and I was wondering if there was any food, I could give him to Fatten him up.

So, I have a Roman Tufted Gander and I believe he has worms. Because he has lost Waight and is having Balance problems. I have been giving him safeguard Horse dewormer. However, he has lost a lot of Waight, and I was wondering if there was any food, I could give him to Fatten him up.
What dose have you been giving him and for how long?
What's his diet?
He was on New Organics layer feed then finding that he could not eat that I started giving him Purina flock raiser

Geese unless kept in an area that has high worm load are generally worm free because of their eating habits.
He could have worms but it sounds like a dietary issue, not enough B vitamins is usually the cause of balance issues.
It’s great that you switched them to flock raiser, layer feed doesn’t have enough nutrients in it for geese and ducks.

If you can find durvet liquid B complex, Rooster Booster poultry cell, and a 12 ml syringe at your feed store start giving him both of them.
3ml to 6ml of the poultry cell once daily, 3ml to 4ml of the b vitamins twice daily until you see improvement.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

Geese unless kept in an area that has high worm load are generally worm free because of their eating habits.
He could have worms but it sounds like a dietary issue, not enough B vitamins is usually the cause of balance issues.
It’s great that you switched them to flock raiser, layer feed doesn’t have enough nutrients in it for geese and ducks.

If you can find durvet liquid B complex, Rooster Booster poultry cell, and a 12 ml syringe at your feed store start giving him both of them.
3ml to 6ml of the poultry cell once daily, 3ml to 4ml of the b vitamins twice daily until you see improvement.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/
I have been giving him.
Rooster Booster and Liquid B complex because that what I thought it was at first. However, this has been going on for about a week and I have only seen minor improvement. How long should his recovery take?

I have been giving him.
Rooster Booster and Liquid B complex because that what I thought it was at first. However, this has been going on for about a week and I have only seen minor improvement. How long should his recovery take?
That’s an excellent sign that there’s some improvement.

It can take awhile for full recovery, sometimes 3 or 4 weeks, or if there’s an underlying issue like an intestinal parasite like giardia or coccidia or bacterial or yeast infection it could be longer.

It can take awhile for full recovery, sometimes 3 or 4 weeks, or if there’s an underlying issue like an intestinal parasite like giardia or coccidia or bacterial or yeast infection it could be longer.
ahh ok when I guess just stick with the treatment till then

Thank you

Is there anything besides Flock raiser I could give him to fatten him up? He has lost Alot of weight

Back
Top Bottom