My Hatching Journey: the Adventures of a Complete Newbie

Got the hygroset...
yesss.gif

I'm off to go calibrate!!!
wee.gif
super how do you do it ? I use agallon milk jug lid in a gallon zip lock freezer bag

super how do you do it ? I use a gallon milk jug lid in a gallon zip lock freezer bag

I will probably do exactly that.

One question on calibrating the thermo part.... Do you really just put it in a bag and put it in the water like you would do with a stick thermo?

Last edited:
I have been reading this thread, you guys are hilarious! I thought I was the only one to get excited about stuff like this!!! LOL

I have ducks, but don't have the guts to try incubation. You go!!!

Thanks for the great read!

Mandy

you can try to just calibrate it with another??? humidity doesnt have to be SPOT on like temps a bit of variance is fine

I mean for calibrating the thermometer part of the set.
I have been reading this thread, you guys are hilarious! I thought I was the only one to get excited about stuff like this!!! LOL

I have ducks, but don't have the guts to try incubation. You go!!!

Thanks for the great read!

Mandy
I'm glad you enjoyed reading. You should try it, I think you'd love it.

Last edited:
I mean for calibrating the thermometer part of the set, It's in ice water now (In a baggie!)
fl.gif

I'm glad you enjoyed- You should always try it, ya never know!
big_smile.png
Thanks but no thanks! Sounds expensive. I only have 2 ducks, will be adding 6 more in the spring; but I don't have the guts to try it! I'll just buy them. Since I only want hens I purchase them sexed. I still have a LOT to learn.

Good luck on your adventure! I'll keep reading, so keep us posted!

Mandy

Thanks but no thanks! Sounds expensive. I only have 2 ducks, will be adding 6 more in the spring; but I don't have the guts to try it! I'll just buy them. Since I only want hens I purchase them sexed. I still have a LOT to learn.

Good luck on your adventure! I'll keep reading, so keep us posted!

Mandy

Thanks, I certainly will do updates.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom