My Hatching Journey: the Adventures of a Complete Newbie

Pics
Thank you :) Well I have a variety... 3 of my hens are Wyandottes, 1 is a Golden Comet & my rooster is a Black Copper Maran. I'll be 100% honest though ...I'm SUPER nervous! I am attempting to do this with my 4 year old son and my 5 year old nephew so I of course do not want to disappoint them. Thankfully I can watch your thread and there is tons of helpful information on here. Maybe I should do a test run myself... What do you think?

Thank you :) Well I have a variety... 3 of my hens are Wyandottes, 1 is a Golden Comet & my rooster is a Black Copper Maran. I'll be 100% honest though ...I'm SUPER nervous! I am attempting to do this with my 4 year old son and my 5 year old nephew so I of course do not want to disappoint them. Thankfully I can watch your thread and there is tons of helpful information on here. Maybe I should do a test run myself... What do you think?
Lovely, I have been eyeing BCM for a bit. Very handsome birds.
Have you read some of the article links on page 1? They are pretty much must-reads for any new hatcher.

I'd do a test run, lol... But that's just my addicted self.

Last edited:
Lovely, I have been eyeing BCM for a bit. very handsome birds. :thumbsup
Have you read some of the article links on page 1? They are pretty much must-reads for any new hatcher.

I'd do a test run, lol....... But that's just my addicted self. :oops:

@LocalYokel
Here's where you insert your slogan! :lau
("Set all the eggs")
Bubbles!!!
Speaking of BCM, guess what came in the mail yesterday?
:weee

BCMs are beautiful I love them!! I love them all though hahaha Yeah I just am afraid of failing with the little guys. They'd be heartbroken! I did read all the links it's all a little overwhelming. I plan to set some time out this weekend to really sit down and go through everything again. When are you candling next?

BCMs are beautiful I love them!! I love them all though hahaha Yeah I just am afraid of failing with the little guys. They'd be heartbroken! I did read all the links it's all a little overwhelming. I plan to set some time out this weekend to really sit down and go through everything again. When are you candling next?

Very overwhelming. I spent months researching incubating before I took the plunge and I am still finding out new things every day.

I have not candled yet, but tomorrow is day seven so I'll be taking my first peek then.

Last edited:
I see that you are anxiously awaiting tomorrow!! I'll continue to research and I'll do a test run... I'll be looking forward to your update tomorrow!!
wink.png

I see that you are anxiously awaiting tomorrow!! I'll continue to research and I'll do a test run... I'll be looking forward to your update tomorrow!!
wink.png
Thanks..... Fingers crossed that I can see good veining... Candler seems to be pretty decent.

Well with as successful as everything has been for you up til this point you should be good to go. I believe I bought the same candler you did and it lights the whole room up!

Back
Top Bottom