My Hatching Journey: the Adventures of a Complete Newbie

Pics
Quote: bubbles!!! I knew what you meant.
lau.gif

Quote:
Have a look again at these candles, see my note about incubating upright, see how light the veins are when the embryo sits on the top at the air cell? I will add, another reason I like to incubate sideways, for some reason my brain tells me its better to have the embryo down in the egg than so close to that air cell.....
wink.png
although turning is a big issues with incubating too, and if you cant do it way more than 3x a day, use the turner yeppers!!

I have found with my GQF, which rotates a true 45 degrees from vertical in each direction, that the embryos do not anchor quite so high as they did in the Little Giant turner. I also turn the eggs 90 degrees (side to front) when candling to help move things around as well.

Quote:
Have a look again at these candles, see my note about incubating upright, see how light the veins are when the embryo sits on the top at the air cell? I will add, another reason I like to incubate sideways, for some reason my brain tells me its better to have the embryo down in the egg than so close to that air cell.....
wink.png
although turning is a big issues with incubating too, and if you cant do it way more than 3x a day, use the turner yeppers!!

I have found with my GQF, which rotates a true 45 degrees from vertical in each direction, that the embryos do not anchor quite so high as they did in the Little Giant turner. I also turn the eggs 90 degrees (side to front) when candling to help move things around as well.
interesting, have you ever used a horizonal turner? we had been discussing duck eggs and incubating sideways, I always noticed they did better upright in my cabinet cooler. Kathy and another gal are having issues with theirs and malpositions.

Back
Top Bottom