My Hatching Journey: the Adventures of a Complete Newbie

Pics

I have. I made 1/4" hardware cloth tubes that fit the Little Giant turner rails so that I could incubate oversize turkey eggs (one was 152g). The eggs laid end to end along the rail, and I used zip ties to secure the wire to the plastic rail. The huge egg was twins, and they developed side by side, with plenty of room. They made it to 21 days, when one quit, and the other followed soon after.

I've considered creating some for the GQF that will fit in the existing metal trays. I'd run them front to rear so they will roll over a 90 degree arc instead of tipping over a 90 degree arc.

Ah... the incentive behind your conception???
gig.gif

I was conceived in the shower

Not that you wanted to know that

You can prolly guess where the best part a me ran down
lau.gif

I don't mind the ladies callin my name either
lau.gif
hugs.gif
thats not fair though we had this discussion Jack!

Quote:
I have. I made 1/4" hardware cloth tubes that fit the Little Giant turner rails so that I could incubate oversize turkey eggs (one was 152g). The eggs laid end to end along the rail, and I used zip ties to secure the wire to the plastic rail. The huge egg was twins, and they developed side by side, with plenty of room. They made it to 21 days, when one quit, and the other followed soon after.

I've considered creating some for the GQF that will fit in the existing metal trays. I'd run them front to rear so they will roll over a 90 degree arc instead of tipping over a 90 degree arc.
Sounds interesting, let me know if you ever try it. When I had peas in my coolercabinet I rigged wire, but I dont think they were turning near as far as they shoulda been... I ended up pulling them and laying at day 10 in a cooler and turning them, but I had a paper towel folded to keep the fat end up just a bit higher, I am getting ancona eggs this week and not sure how I want to incubate them this time. I never had issues with them, pretty hardy egg to hatch. so maybe test some both ways...

Exactly 167 hours in (or 6 days and 23 hours) now!
yesss.gif
yesss.gif
you go girl!!

Quail eggs set.

Only 14
hit.gif

I know Jack I am sorry, have you gotten any of the varmints yet? you should set up a stairway to heaven in a 55 gal drum and catch them dang rats!!!

Back
Top Bottom