My Hatching Journey: the Adventures of a Complete Newbie

Pics
Okay I told Friday I would post about yesterday's fishing adventure.

Part one.

So my buddy shows up and we drive to the lake. We get there and the whole lake had been snowed plowed.
Now I've been fishing this lake for 33 years and it's never been snowed plowed. Now have I ever seen an entire lake snow plowed before. (Is a fairly big lake)
We decide were gonna truck on over to the far side being we had the snowmobile and all. We get over there drill our holes, set up the shack, and start fishing. A bald eagle flies right over our heads ( Pretty cool but not too uncommon here). We start fishing and I go to check on you guys here and realize I don't have my phone. I end up jumping on the snowmobile and heading back to see if i left it in the truck.
The machine starts to act up and dies on the way back from the truck (oh crap).
I do notice if I reach down and pump the primer it'll keep running. So I get back call my wife with Frank's phone and she says that I left it on the window above the kitchen sink(that's where I put it if i am trying to get a text out cuz I can't text for crap at my house....big metal roof acts like a tin foil hat). Now I'm worried about getting stranded on a lake at night with a dead snowmobile and I'm not really dressed for it...:/.
So now we're fishing and all of a sudden out of now where two freaking airplanes land on the ice right next to us. Scare the bejesus out of us. I didn't have my phone to get pics.:(.
Now I know why the lake was plowed.

Intermission:

We catch fish...I got a couple of pike one was about 26" Frank kept a good meals worth off Bluegill. Had fun.

Part 2.

so now we decided to head back before it's too dark knowing the snow machine is acting up. We start heading back.
And the only way I can keep it running is to hold the throttle with my left hand ( is on the right handle bar) and reach down with my right hand and pump the primer (obviously I have a fuel issue). It's almost out of control as it is too ride like that. So now Frank is on the back, the machine is bucking like a freaking bronco (Frank's a big guy) every time it bucks he's practically choking me trying not to fall off the back. All this time I'm trying to steer left handed with the right handle bar. Somehow with all this going on I managed to get the machine back to the truck. (Oh yeah Frank fell off half way back I made him walk cuz I wasnt stopping for nothing). You would think this would be the end of story.
NOT...trying to load the machine onto the trailer I flooded it and fouled the plug. Luckily my quick thinking I stole the plug out of my ice auger and even though it was totally the wrong plug I got it started and loaded and we went home...Yay !!!!
Allot to go through for a meal of fish.....:lau......Phil

Last edited:

Part one.

So my buddy shows up and we drive to the lake. We get there and the whole lake had been snowed plowed.
Now I've been fishing this lake for 33 years and it's never been snowed plowed. Now have I ever seen an entire lake snow plowed before. (Is a fairly big lake)
We decide were gonna truck on over to the far side being we had the snowmobile and all. We get over there drill our holes, set up the shack, and start fishing. A bald eagle flies right over our heads ( Pretty cool but not too uncommon here). We start fishing and I go to check on you guys here and realize I don't have my phone. I end up jumping on the snowmobile and heading back to see if i left it in the truck.
I do notice if I reach down and pump the primer it'll keep running. So I get back call my wife with Frank's phone and she says that I left it on the window above the kitchen sink(that's where I put it if i am trying to get a text out cuz I can't text for crap at my house....big metal roof acts like a tin foil hat). Now I'm worried about getting stranded on a lake at night with a dead snowmobile and I'm not really dressed for it...:/.
So now we're fishing and all of a sudden out of now where two freaking airplanes land on the ice right next to us. Scare the bejesus out of us. I didn't have my phone to get pics.:(.

Intermission:

We catch fish...I got a couple of pike one was about 26" Frank kept a good meals worth off Bluegill. Had fun.

Part 2.

so now we decided to head back before it's too dark knowing the snow machine is acting up. We start heading back.
And the only way I can keep it running is to hold the throttle with my left hand ( is on the right handle bar) and reach down with my right hand and pump the primer (obviously I have a fuel issue). It's almost out of control as it is too ride like that. So now Frank is on the back, the machine is bucking like a freaking bronco (Frank's a big guy) every time it bucks he's practically choking me trying not to fall off the back. All this time I'm trying to steer left handed with the right handle bar. Somehow with all this going on I managed to get the machine back to the truck. (Oh yeah Frank fell off half way back I made him walk cuz I wasnt stopping for nothing). You would think this would be the end of story.
NOT...trying to load the machine onto the trailer I flooded it and fouled the plug. Luckily my quick thinking I stole the plug out of my ice auger and even though it was totally the wrong plug I got it started and loaded and we went home...Yay !!!!
Allot to go through for a meal of fish.....:lau......Phil
Hope the fish tasted good, after all that....

I'm amazed you made it back in one piece.

Last edited:

Part one.

I do notice if I reach down and pump the primer it'll keep running. So I get back call my wife with Frank's phone and she says that I left it on the window above the kitchen sink(that's where I put it if i am trying to get a text out cuz I can't text for crap at my house....big metal roof acts like a tin foil hat). Now I'm worried about getting stranded on a lake at night with a dead snowmobile and I'm not really dressed for it...
hmm.png
So now we're fishing and all of a sudden out of now where two freaking airplanes land on the ice right next to us. Scare the bejesus out of us. I didn't have my phone to get pics.
sad.png

Intermission:

Part 2.

Allot to go through for a meal of fish.....
lau.gif
......Phil
What a day, but at least you caught fish!

Hi Bubbles! Sorry I missed your candling pics.

Howdy Mike. Not much to see anyways... Only way I can see anything in the pictures is to have the brightness turned up all the way on whatever I am viewing them on. I am going to try for better pictures on day 14.

Last edited:

Part one.

I do notice if I reach down and pump the primer it'll keep running. So I get back call my wife with Frank's phone and she says that I left it on the window above the kitchen sink(that's where I put it if i am trying to get a text out cuz I can't text for crap at my house....big metal roof acts like a tin foil hat). Now I'm worried about getting stranded on a lake at night with a dead snowmobile and I'm not really dressed for it...
hmm.png
So now we're fishing and all of a sudden out of now where two freaking airplanes land on the ice right next to us. Scare the bejesus out of us. I didn't have my phone to get pics.
sad.png

Intermission:

Part 2.

Allot to go through for a meal of fish.....
lau.gif
......Phil
th.gif
so did you call Frank this morning to ask if he wants to go fishing today?

Back
Top Bottom