My Hatching Journey: the Adventures of a Complete Newbie

Pics
Quote: well aw I recon aw maybe there are a lot of ways to do things and not all of us agree on everything . The way I look at things is you own the egg so you make the call . now follow which ever rule you choose . I have heard people say that you should not candle during the seven days of the second week . but I know of people who candle daily . and have had 100% hatch from set . but most of the time they do not . I have a text book from UConn that says candle starting on the forth day . I do know the larger the incubator the longer it takes to recover to incubation temperature. hatchers that incubate a lot of eggs will not candle as often or even at all or all the eggs .When they do its grab a few at random and check those . There is a thread out there that addresses the question as to who is right or wrong . I do things as I feel like doing them. when I feel like doing them. Doesn't make it right just what I do . now consider this. They say that you shouldn't open the incubator more than you need to or handle the eggs more than you need to . if you hand turn you should be in the incubator at least six times a day for eighteen days. That is a whole of in's right there. people do it all the time and get very good hatch results . does it make a difference ? I don't know one study says yes another says no . It can get really confusing . Your mentor is very knowledgeable in the art of mechanical incubation and has years of experience . this is a fact hat is very hard to ignore . so your reluctance to do other than she advices is understandable . and please don't let me lead you astray . All I'm saying is the choice is yours to make .

well aw I recon aw maybe there are a lot of ways to do things and not all of us agree on everything . The way I look at things is you own the egg so you make the call . now follow which ever rule you choose . I have heard people say that you should not candle during the seven days of the second week . but I know of people who candle daily . and have had 100% hatch from set . but most of the time they do not . I have a text book from UConn that says candle starting on the forth day . I do know the larger the incubator the longer it takes to recover to incubation temperature. hatchers that incubate a lot of eggs will not candle as often or even at all or all the eggs .When they do its grab a few at random and check those . There is a thread out there that addresses the question as to who is right or wrong . I do things as I feel like doing them. when I feel like doing them. Doesn't make it right just what I do . now consider this. They say that you shouldn't open the incubator more than you need to or handle the eggs more than you need to . if you hand turn you should be in the incubator at least six times a day for eighteen days. That is a whole of in's right there. people do it all the time and get very good hatch results . does it make a difference ? I don't know one study says yes another says no . It can get really confusing . Your mentor is very knowledgeable in the art of mechanical incubation and has years of experience . this is a fact hat is very hard to ignore . so your reluctance to do other than she advices is understandable . and please don't let me lead you astray . All I'm saying is the choice is yours to make .

She may have assembled the H101 bible, but that doesn't mean people can't explore other faiths.
gig.gif
K, I really doubt you are leading anyone astray.
hugs.gif

Quote:
I doubt it as well.
thumbsup.gif
I love him and respect that he also has plenty of incubation knowledge.

And bubbles is aware that SHE, Ahem, that I incubate in cooler bators that are FLOODED with light over and over during all days of incubation, she also knows I do not follow rules and does what she wants when she wants to.
lau.gif
I dont incubate at 99.5 I incubate at 100.5-101 lowering temps at lockdown. She also knows I couldnt believe she didnt sneak a candle during the first 7 days either! Lord knows I still pull eggs and candle when I feel like it. Day 7 10 14 mean nothing to me, When I feel like checking air cells I grab one and check it, I have incubated plenty to know what they should look like at any day give or take and adjust as I see fit. Its all in how you handle the egg. Would I do such candling with shipped eggs? H3ll NO! I let them set! I may have done my homework, but I also know that everyone needs to learn and make their own decisions. We will all make errors no matter how much help we get or who we get it from. I have no doubt she will do wonderful should her bator continue to keep good temps for her, she is one of the smartest young ladies I have ever helped out, not to mention the most loving, caring and funny one as well!

We all want the best for her, ALL of us.

Back
Top Bottom