My Hatching Journey: the Adventures of a Complete Newbie

tumblr_mzx9ddjxrf1slppseo1_250.gif

Awesome sweets!! need me again just message, I am a bit overwhelmed there right now and on FB so cant keep up with all these hals and threads!!  Love you Sweetie!! YOUR AWESOME!! SOooooo  Proud of you for taking it all in!!  HUGS HUGS HUGS

Will do, danke! :hugs

Last edited:
There is still more peeping coming from the bator, even after I removed the chicks. :yesss:

Only 4 eggs left.... Cmon lil ones... :fl

Last edited:
So sorry. I too am a newbie. Year 2 and this year at Christmas one of my Americauns went broody. I did not even know what that was but some friends at work have been mentoring me. So I found out that I could buy fertile eggs. Bought 3, they sent 4 and on day 21 she hatched out 3 baby chicks. Broody hen is the way to go. She does absolutely everything for the eggs. She turns them, keeps them warm and with the correct humidity. I now have 3 9 week old chicks running around my garage. I can't wait for warm weather and for them to be big enough to join the bigger hens in the coop. Mama still keeps them all together and warm at night in cold Vermont. Keep trying but go broody next time is my advice.

So sorry. I too am a newbie. Year 2 and this year at Christmas one of my Americauns went broody. I did not even know what that was but some friends at work have been mentoring me. So I found out that I could buy fertile eggs. Bought 3, they sent 4 and on day 21 she hatched out 3 baby chicks. Broody hen is the way to go. She does absolutely everything for the eggs. She turns them, keeps them warm and with the correct humidity. I now have 3 9 week old chicks running around my garage. I can't wait for warm weather and for them to be big enough to join the bigger hens in the coop. Mama still keeps them all together and warm at night in cold Vermont. Keep trying but go broody next time is my advice.
I tried that, and my broody decided to kill the chicks as they were hatching.
sad.png

I'm really glad it worked for you! There are many wonderful broodies out there, but mine wasn't one of them. Plus, none of the other hens have gone broody since then, so I'd still be waiting if I didn't have an incubator.

What kind of chicks do you have, Kayanne?

Back
Top Bottom