My Heart is Breaking...My Swedish Flower needs a new home...Tooele, Utah

Apr 30, 2018
Tooele, UT
Hi All...

I have a dilemma that I hope someone close to where I live can help me...I live in Tooele, Utah.

My Wizzygig had gone broody 5 times since March. After trying to break her over and over again (it was just beginning to seem cruel), I threw my hands up and my husband was just as frustrated and pained with what we were doing. I finally got fertile eggs for her to hatch.

I got a very rare breed, Swedish Flower, and Wizzygig hatch 4 eggs on July 15th. Fast forward, it now looks pretty obvious 2 of the 4 are roosters. The total count I have now are 12 girls and 2 boys; the minimum ratio of 1:10 is not happening here so I am faced with trying to re-home one of the boys.
I do NOT want to put up a classified ad because I know this beautiful young boy will most likely become someone's chicken stew even though that person would promise they are adopting for a flock.
I do not have the stomach to cull him and I don't want him to be culled. He is a beautiful boy and deserves to protect a flock of his own.
Just like I could not cull my cat or dog, I would not even consider this an option for any member of my flock.
During this hard year, my flock has been the highlight of my days and they have been spoiled by me...they are so special to me...all of them!
If there is anyone who really wants to adopt my boy (his name is Candy Cob...(it was Candy Corn until it became obvious that Candy Corn was really a boy, hence Candy Cob now)). Please respond...

Attachments

• IMG_5452.jpg
    IMG_5452.jpg
    605.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5454.jpg
    IMG_5454.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5455.jpg
    IMG_5455.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5457.jpg
    IMG_5457.jpg