My hen attacked me WHY??????????????/

I'm going to have to get me some boots... That is a really good idea.... I usually go bare foot and dodge the poo... :sickThink i would feel more secure if I'm covered up ... cause let me tell you it hurt when she attacked me before...
jumpy.gif

Quote:
That's my theory as well. Sometimes they need to be shown that you are in charge and not the other way around.
Side note: Twocrowsranch... I just LOVE your avatar pic. That's the cutest tiniest thing I have ever seen. I'm assuming quail but I've never owned any. This may have changed my mind tho LoL

Quote:
That's my theory as well. Sometimes they need to be shown that you are in charge and not the other way around.
Side note: Twocrowsranch... I just LOVE your avatar pic. That's the cutest tiniest thing I have ever seen. I'm assuming quail but I've never owned any. This may have changed my mind tho LoL

Yes, that is a tiny Bobwhite Quail I hatched out last year. Turned out to be a she. She is the sweetest thing ever. Knows her name, comes running to see me for goodies and such. Unfortunately she had cocci really bad as a baby and she is not the healthiest specimen. She contracted West Nile Virus and survived and is now battling Quail Bronchitis. But she keeps going and I take good care of her. Keep her on vitamins daily and a big supply of bugs.

As far as the "chicken attitudes", I am sticking to my guns here and believe that you become part of the pecking order. I hope you aren't having any issues with any of your babies. Pearl has improved a bit since I last wrote here. She is 6 months old now and she is learning that I am the top bird in the order. And she has actually become more friendly now that she doesn't feel the need to over rank me. Only time will tell with her.
smile.png

My RIR pullet attacked me 3 times when I first moved her out to the coop. Each time, I had my back turned from her. I picked her up and carried her under my arm for 3 days. It seem to change her attitude towards me. I was always real nice and gentle. Now every time I walk by her, she squats to me. She actually turned out to be a decent hen.

PLEASE HELP!!!!! Can someone tell me how to put the pic on the Thingie that has my name on it?????????????? You know the section with your name??????????????????
barnie.gif

Quote:
Go to the top blue bar and click on "Profile". Then on the left side, click on "Personality". The top information will allow you to add an aviatar. If you don't know how to upload pic, similar to this...click on the "Uploads", then "Browse" pics, "Submit", then Copy and Paste to this post.
smile.png

Edit to add: When uploading pics to a post, copy the lower IMG address only.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
go to your profile, to the left you should see a "personality" link. when you click on that it should let you upload an avatar and enter text as a signature. You may need to have a certain number of posts to upload though.

Thanks so very much... Just put the pic of the Sally (the attack chicken) up on my page ... This was when she was still nice before she started attacking me. I love this pic she always was all up in the camera... Should have none something was up... She was trying to be cute because she knew later on she would turn on me...lol:D

Back
Top Bottom