My hen isn't acting like a hen.

Hi tblee
If you read some of Chickengirly's other posts you will find that she has already had problems with pecking combs and drawing blood, which suggests overcrowding to me. Then when she mentioned 20 square feet (which would be 5ft x 4 feet) I was concerned that adding a rooster might only make matters worse.

Regards

Barbara

If possible you could try adding in perches or boredom buster activities I rake up leaves and mix in mealworms for them to find and hang cabbages and turn over soil for them to find bugs and worms give thm something else to think about...little angels really xx Don't ya just love them they got us all puzzling away all over the world.:D

Keeping chickens is definitely a learning experience I'm constantly learning from them all the time its not how I thought it would be they are so intelligent and individual but isn't this site so fantastic the way people from all over the world log on and take time to read posts and help each other out with our little ole chicken problems
It cant get any better than that the more heads giving their input the more chance we learn and improve in our understanding of our feathered little buddies.i just love it :Dxx

We found a turken rooster that sounds like a goo addition to the flock. I think we're gonna get him. He comes with one turken hen, and two chicks that are adorable!

Back
Top Bottom