My home made chicken plucker video and new video ,take a look pg 4

HUMM I have 2 routers in the shed that are not in use ever I just might look into this for my future processing I'm sure I will come up with something.
lol.png

talkimng of using a motor intead of a drill

a good idea would be to use a orbital router they are small and compact and fast

and best thing is if you unscrew the plastic housing you can then build it into the plucker frame work

and move the on off button as its just a normal switch on a bit of 110v cable [240v in uk]

Great idea. I remember as a kid, my uncle had a turkey farm after the plucking machine, each bird with intact legs and feet were hung upside down and we used a nail (don't remember the size) and stuck the nail into the broken feathers still inside the skin and lifted them out. Were there many broken feathers with your inovation?

The way that chicken is getting plucked there is no way that drill could possibly be turning the drum away from her. It would be kicking the bird up in her face unless she laid it across the top of the plucker.

Also a router would not be a good thing to use as they turn VERY fast.

Last edited:
I just finished building a whizbang. bought a kit off ebay for (I think) $375.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Decision process for building the plucker:

Me to my 13yo son: "Son, I just bought another mess of chicks and we will be slaughtering them in the spring"

Son: "I'll be busy that day dad"

Montyhp
I think buying the kit off ebay is a great idea. Would you be willing to share the name of the seller?

" 'Son: "I'll be busy that day dad" ...hahahaha
lol.png

Love the DIY...My suggestion would be to move the top frame rail (closest to you) down enough that the Chicken doesn't get caught in it.

Something like this...

Sorry about the color of the new board...I just had it laying around.

what are the black fingers made of & how are they inserted into the, what looks like a piece of pvc to me? how is the shaft from the drill attached? does it go all the way through the length of the (pvc) with a bolt on the far end?
the chickens are beautiful. you must be so proud to provide your family w/such beautiful food. i hope to be able to do this one day.

Back
Top Bottom