My Ivy.. Latest Relapse...She's Gone

Thanks for sharing your good thoughts for my girls! Serrin, my BRs are the best layers I have when they first start. I don't think any of mine stopped at all once they started. My first two, Lexie and Ivy, started out laying medium sized eggs and they just got larger. They are going on four years old and Lexie is still laying several eggs each week. So far, she has shown no laying issues at all like Ivy did.

Your love for and dedication to your animal family always shows through in your posts Cynthia. You are a true inspiration. Good health and continued improvement for your beautiful girl.

<<<blushes>>> You're very kind to say that, but it's easy to take care of something or someone you really love. These girls have given me more enjoyment in the last few years than you can imagine. They deserve whatever I can do for them that is within my power.

My thoughts EGGZACTLY Cyn!! And if it's not to forward of me to say so, I think I have found a kindred soul in you!
hugs.gif
The way you take care of your girls, your devotion to them, the love you show....it all comes through in your posts... It's nice to know I'm not alone in my feelings towards my girls. I'm NOT crazy! I'm NOT!! I'm NOT!! I'M NOT!!!!
lau.gif

Some would say that I spoil my girls shamelessly...to me, I'm just returning the favor they show me every day in their devoted laying of eggs. I get the biggest giggle out of having fresh eggs every day and being able to have enough to share with family and neighbors.

The gardens are the same way. You want, you pick! But my girls have FIRST dibs on EVERYTHING!!
gig.gif

I know that no one else would understand how much a person can love a chicken but my BYC friends. I've had dogs, cats, horses/ponies, birds, etc, but I can honestly say I adore these girls (and guys) as much as I have any of my pets over the years. So, if that makes me crazy, then, so be it. I'm a raving lunatic for my birds. Serrin will join me in the Crazy Corner now.
wink.png

All joking aside, once again, Ivy has been pulled back from the brink of death, hopefully, to stick around for a few more years. If she never lays another egg, that's fine with me; and that goes for Ginger, too.

ETA: The roost spot that Violet always took, same one every time, is now occupied by Dutch. He usually would roost in the center of all the ladies, but after Violet died, he has taken that same spot. Not sure what to make of that, but it touches me for some reason.

Funny thing is, I never saw him mate Violet till she was too sick to resist and even then, she fought him. She would knock him off the other girls and face him down ever since she took the head hen spot from our dear departed Ruby. She never took any guff off the youngsters, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom