My Ivy.. Latest Relapse...She's Gone

Update: Ivy and Olivia are not getting better, even after massive dosage of antibiotics. We are done with those. Either a miracle will happen or they won't be here much longer, and neither will Ginger. Ginger has not laid an egg in 8 months and they have to be building up inside. Shadow prolapsed yesterday and today, it seems to be staying inside, but she hasn't laid an egg, though she's pooped a bunch of times with success. We'll see with her. Wish she'd go broody, really. Then her body could rest for a couple months. here is the little princess from yesterday. You can see poop in her petticoats in one shot, and that is what alerted me that something was wrong with her--it's not common for that to happen to her:

DCP_4577.jpg

DCP_4574.jpg

I just love that little precious princess. I said a prayer for her this morning when I got up along with Ivy, Livvie, and Ginger. I sure hope you do not have to put shadow down...I will hear Tom's heart break all the way out here.
sad.png

Oh, I think he'll be inconsolable if we have to let Shadow go. She is just the sweetest little angel of a hen. I think we were surprised at how attached we became to this one. So far, she seems okay, but will let you know what happens when she lays.

She did it! She laid her first post-prolapse egg and though the egg is streaked with blood, she isn't prolapsed!
wee.gif
We may leave her in the broody pen till she produces one more egg and let her drink her vitamin water, then she can go back with the group.

Back
Top Bottom