My Khaki Campbell Duckling.. pics and stories

fifenashia

Songster
May 15, 2011
Eastern Kentucky
Welcome home Duckling! May 17, 2011
Age unknown (no more than a few days surely), bought from Southern States along with 2 Golden Comet chicks
Name is still in discussion, front runner is "Tanqueray" (pronounced tank-or-ray) so if it it turns out to be a Drake I can call him "Tank" and if it's a girl "Raye"
lau.gif

91900_olive.jpg

First Swim in the bathtub. She loved it and took to it like a duckling to water!
lol.png

91900_img_0334.jpg

2 weeks later she stood up in her brooder and looked over the top at me... Time to move into a better brooder!
91900_img_0350.jpg

91900_img_0348.jpg

At 3 weeks since we brought her home, she has grown like a weed! We are now going outside to play in the "big ducks" pool and scratch around with her chicken step sisters.
91900_img_0396.jpg

91900_img_0409.jpg

When we first brought her home, she would do this thing we called the "Duckling Derby" where she runs FAST in circles around her waterer. I have no idea why and as she gets older she doesn't do it as frequently. She is loud! And a very assertive duckling not hesitating to nibble on your fingers or anything else she gets close to. She loves to snuggle into my arm and sleep although that is decreasing as she is getting bigger and....messier.
sickbyc.gif
She is a brave little thing; when the dogs stare at them through the crate, she will approach them and if a dog's nose happens to get too close... she will nibble!
ep.gif
which the dog's NEVER expect!
gig.gif
I have no doubt in my mind that this little thing will keep us on our toes!

Thanks to you both! They do grow fast! And she looks sweet, but that's just a ruse so you get close enough to get bit!! I have been trying to work with her but she is quite forward and will even go through the crate to snap at the dogs!!!!!
ep.gif

She truly is my Godzilla duckling!!

She's so cute!! We jumped into the whole duck thing in April and brought home 5 ducklings, one of which is a khaki campbell. These were a straight run mix, so I have no idea which ones are male or female. I'm really hoping my khaki is female because she would outlay most of our chickens this fall! Whatever he or she ends up being, it sure is turning into quite a beautiful duck! I seem to have a thing for shades of brown when it comes to my livestock as I absolutely love my khaki duck and partridge silkie and am hoping to acquire a harlequin Holland lop rabbit soon. I'm just earthy I guess.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom