My kids love chickens/what about yours?

My kids love all the birds! They have a blast!
100_9415.jpg

101_0905.jpg

101_0904.jpg

I want your bird critter crazy. What kid of chicken is that? Beautiful bird, and very cute boys. here is one more pic I just took of my daughter. I will also be posting it in what breed is this because I would like to know what type of he
chickenpics022.jpg
ns is holding.

I wondered what kind of bird Speckles was too.... she is adorable! Can you find Mille Fleur De Uccle's easily?

My dh is building our coop and run and it's turning out to be BIGGER than we thought i t would be! So of course today I was saying it looks like we have room for at least ten more chickens out there!!! LOL!

Alleyoops, Is that your view??? Oh my goodness! It's incredible!! I love it when the kids hold multiple chickens like that... it makes me feel like a true farm family... it looks like your daughter is a natural with animals....

Take Care everyone!

Thanks for the link Critter Crazy... I bookmarked that site for when the coop is done and we can expand the flock a little bit. You should have seen the look on dh's face thsi am when I started telling him about cute little Speckles (he secretely loves them as much as the rest of us)....

Critter crazy that is only part of my veiw. It is mountians like these that keep me here. Here I will show you the view from all directions
chickenpics027.jpg

THis is my northern veiw not the best but the big flat looking mountian Is Grand Mesa. It is a dead volcano. Blew its top a couple million years ago.
chickenpics028.jpg

THis is my veiw to the east. its right out my back door. This ones part of black canyon, which is a big tourest attaraction.
chickenpics023.jpg

These are the ones that were behind my daughter in the last picture, They are the SAn JUAn moutians, They are very beautiful.
chickenpics026.jpg

And here is west view, its the platue, which well it pretty flat also, but is were we like visit a lot. I was born and raised here and dont ever want to leave it . The sad part is we have a lot of out of state people coming in and buy all the farm land and sub divide the heck out of it. It is not a good thing when the local economy is based of farming and ranching. I have heard it is more exspensive to buy property here than in most other states. Any this is my home.

My 10-year-old daughter likes them, doesn't mind feeding them and letting them out, liked to hold them as chicks but could take 'em or leave 'em.

My 11-year-old would definately "leave 'em". She thinks they are smelly and noisy and they chase her. I've tried to explain that they just respect her and if she opens the pen gate and then runs, they assume that she is running from a predator and they join her in running away. It was really cute when she gave me some "gift cards" for mother's day. One was that she would "like chickens for 3 days" and she actually did feed them and say nice things to them.

This is really something for someone who told her class that she had 4 pets: 1 dog, 2 cats and chickens - appearantly 18 chickens only count as 1 pet! When some of her friends asked about the chickens, she responded "yeah, my mom keeps food as pets". In her defense, she spent her first 8 years in Ethiopia where even dogs are rarely "pets". She did note that baby chicks were really soft - and then she asked if there was a way to skin them and make a soft fluffy pillow - sigh!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom