My little Ameuricana boy here likes the super size Pekin duck.They are inseparable.He amuses her by flying; she follows. Does he have a chance?

Iveta

Songster
May 4, 2021
1E7B8B16-CEC6-4E18-9083-2398C46C4F6E.jpeg

:welcome Love knows no limits.
Cute! :) Though she is much larger her dominance is at feeding time only. If she doesn’t see him however she freaks out leaves all food and merits and rings the alarm searching for him. He enjoys that immensely and plays tricks on her.. defends her vigorously however; attacks like a hawk- flies to preditor’s face pointing claws and beek at their eyes, proving size is only a benefit as it helps him fly high-
What would turn out of these two? Pekin eggs?

How flipping adorable is that!?!?
Flipping is the right choice of words :D. Adorable still- the chick, who is madder than a roo, hunts and eats live pigeons and lizards; flies into any animal larger that needs attacking, while aiming for the face with her claws like a hawk ... also lays eggs!
Yet, if you think this is exceptional, you should see the bigger hen still- she demolishes the pigeons like a rooster fighter; jumps at them and takes out chunks of feathers, while being so mad that every second of the poor pigeon existence makes her madder yet, until she sees the bird capitulated.
She makes these mad sounds too, like - how dare you?!? ... how dare you eat my food :mad:; it is worth watching but I have to pull the pigeon out, sometime somehow. The duck though larger, is missing on those attacking techniques, plus it never works itself up to get so mad.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom