My Mini Barn with Mini Animals!

Also, anything anyone can tell me about Nigerian Dwarfs would be very much appreciated! I know everything a person could ever need to know about ducks, bunnies, and chickens but have LOTS to learn about goats before getting my own!

I have Nigerian dwarf goats and they are
Awesome! They are small and don't need much food. They do get overweight easily so watch out for that. If you get them as youngsters they tend to be super friendly. Nigis also make great moms.

I don't plan on breeding or showing the goats, just having two little girls as pets! As far as the chickens, bunnies, and ducks go - I'll start out with a pair of each! And, I can't wait for baby ducklings, bunnies, and chicks every Spring! I already have one house Call duck I hatched last April and I'm in the incubation process of hatching her mate :)
If you're going to let your rabbits mate, I'd plan on seeing bunnies a lot more frequent than just in Springtime! Not sure how big size litters they have in particular, but some rabbits can produce 100 in a season! Then, their offspring will also mate :S You will be overrun by rabbits pretty quickly if the males and females are not kept separate!

Chicks and ducklings are easier to control, just take away the eggs you don't want them to hatch! lol

@PotatoWaffles I will be getting my Netherland Dwarfs at 6 weeks old, so I can raise them! By the way, I'm so sorry to hear about your little one!

@shahtir101 And I will be getting my Nigerian Dwarfs at a couple days old as bottle babies, so I can hand raise them :)

@Nunie Well, each time a litter of babies is born I will let momma raise them and then I will find babies a home! So, at any given time there shouldn't be more than my pair and maybe a little litter!

Well, thanks so much @buff goose guy :)

Last edited:
My understanding is that goats can get very sick getting into the chicken feed. It's important to have the feed kept in a way that the goats can't get to it. I don't know this myself but have dreams of having goats of my own one day. Dwarf goats will work hard to get at it and small enough to fit where you never imagined. I want to get Kinders. They are a cross between Nubians and dwarfs so they are smaller, have the long ears, and produce lots of excellent milk with a high milk fat, so ideal for cheese and maybe even butter! I'm very excited for you!

@PotatoWaffles I will be getting my Netherland Dwarfs at 6 weeks old, so I can raise them! By the way, I'm so sorry to hear about your little one!

@shahtir101 And I will be getting my Nigerian Dwarfs at a couple days old as bottle babies, so I can hand raise them :)

@Nunie Well, each time a litter of babies is born I will let momma raise them and then I will find babies a home! So, at any given time there shouldn't be more than my pair and maybe a little litter!

Ermagherd those baby bunnies will be so kyewwwwwt!!! I was very sad when my rabbit died. We took him to the vet who put him on anti inflammatory meds but after a week of him holding his head sideways, hopping in circles and having half paralyzed back legs, we decided to have him put down. I blame myself. I knew better than to have the rabbit on the ground with a new puppy, but thought I could supervise. But I wasn't fast enough to stop the pounce. I still feel bad about it.

But your baby bunnies will be CUUUUUUUUTE LOL. You have to post pics of all these animals. I want goats so bad!!!

Well I hope that works out for you then, I guess! There are lots of shelters dedicated to rescuing homeless rabbits because people let theirs breed, or get bunnies for their kids for Easter and don't want them anymore when they're not so tiny, stuff like that. Purposely breeding just takes away from homes that could've gone to already homeless babies, is all I'm saying. :(

You will love the nigis! Are they doelings?

Back
Top Bottom