My new chickies!!!!!! 11 NEW pictures added 3/1 4 week old chicks pg. 7

I received my chicks yesterday morning from Ideal!! So exciting! All 25 were still alive and cheeping! And after 24 hours they're still alive and cheeping. lol I'm going to try and post some pictures! Have no idea if I know how to post pictures or not but I'll give it my best shot.
tongue.png

Ok, so I figured out one way to post pictures and I tried to resize them. Are they too big still? Please let me know! I'm banging my head against the wall trying to do this right!
barnie.gif

dang your lucky! we got our chicks from ideal but mishandling cause most of them to die =| congrats on your chicks! their adorable!!!

dang your lucky! we got our chicks from ideal but mishandling cause most of them to die =| congrats on your chicks! their adorable!!!
Thanks!
I'm so sorry about your chicks!
sad.png
I was so very worried about mine. I'm amazed they all made it and are still alive. From what I've read it sounds like I got very lucky. I'll try to pass some of my luck your way for your next batch of chicks!

Congrats on your chicks, they are super cute. How old are they in the pictures you posted on 2/5? They already have some of their wing feathers.....I recieved mine on 1/30 and they have grown a lot....wing feathers are coming in great...they are so much fun to watch...try giving them a hard boiled egg smashed up real good and watch them go for it....so funny and intertaining. Also, I am from Washington State too...I live in Glenoma, Wa. which is about 1 1/2 hour from you...just over the other side of White Pass. Again, congrats and have fun!

Congrats on your chicks, they are super cute. How old are they in the pictures you posted on 2/5? They already have some of their wing feathers.....I recieved mine on 1/30 and they have grown a lot....wing feathers are coming in great...they are so much fun to watch...try giving them a hard boiled egg smashed up real good and watch them go for it....so funny and intertaining. Also, I am from Washington State too...I live in Glenoma, Wa. which is about 1 1/2 hour from you...just over the other side of White Pass. Again, congrats and have fun!

Thanks! They are 4 days old in the 2/5 pictures. I'm amazed at how fast they're growing and getting their feathers. How are your chicks doing? Did you post pictures? I like looking at chick pictures hehe...I've scrambled an egg and smashed it up really small for them. It was really funny watching them eat it and play keep away! They are so much fun! What kind of chickens do you have? I know where Glenoma is! hehe It's nice to see other people from WA here on the forum!
smile.png

my chicks are doing great...I ordered 8 but recieved 10 (actually went in on an order of 25 with a friend) from Murray McMurray.....I lost 2 in the first 2 days, one of which was blind. So at present I have 8...I think one of them may be a roo, but time will tell. I did post some pictures, but here are some more. I have 2 Light Brahmas, 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 Buff Orpington, 2 Barred Rocks, 1 Black star and then one that I beleive was a free one from McM...not sure what it is yet.

the little one at the top of the page is the one that I am not sure what it is....I recieved them last Monday, they had been shipped on Saturday, so I am guessing they hatched on Friday or maybe Thursday last week. They are so much fun.
Thanks! They are 4 days old in the 2/5 pictures. I'm amazed at how fast they're growing and getting their feathers. How are your chicks doing? Did you post pictures? I like looking at chick pictures hehe...I've scrambled an egg and smashed it up really small for them. It was really funny watching them eat it and play keep away! They are so much fun! What kind of chickens do you have? I know where Glenoma is! hehe It's nice to see other people from WA here on the forum!
smile.png

my chicks are doing great...I ordered 8 but recieved 10 (actually went in on an order of 25 with a friend) from Murray McMurray.....I lost 2 in the first 2 days, one of which was blind. So at present I have 8...I think one of them may be a roo, but time will tell. I did post some pictures, but here are some more. I have 2 Light Brahmas, 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 Buff Orpington, 2 Barred Rocks, 1 Black star and then one that I beleive was a free one from McM...not sure what it is yet.

the little one at the top of the page is the one that I am not sure what it is....I recieved them last Monday, they had been shipped on Saturday, so I am guessing they hatched on Friday or maybe Thursday last week. They are so much fun.
Cute Babies!
I'm sorry you lost the two. I've held my breath for the last few days because I was expecting a couple of them not to make it just because that seems to be the norm, but it hasn't happened yet!
I want your speckled sussex! I was going to order a few of those, but Ideal was already sold out until may *pouty face* hehe.
The one you're not sure about looks a lot like my baby Rhode Island Reds.
They are way too much fun! I could spend hours just watching them run around in the brooder!

Thanks!
sad.png
I was so very worried about mine. I'm amazed they all made it and are still alive. From what I've read it sounds like I got very lucky. I'll try to pass some of my luck your way for your next batch of chicks!

we've ordered from McM and gotten at most 1 chick with splayed leg, but ideal came with 38 dead... well 34 4 more died after a few days. What happened was people I guess opened the box, put it on heaters and then they went to a cold truck, I think ideal uses a differ shipping system then McM, they dont even ship over night! we're going to re-order in the spring tho, and hopefully the people who handle the chicks wont open the box!!! grr
somad.gif

Thanks!
sad.png

its ok, we have ordered from McM before and had ONE chick with splayed leg/dead!!! ideal said that they didnt freeze to death but that the shipping people opened the box (it did come open) and like put them on heaters and then they went to a cold truck, we got refunded for the chicks and will re-order in the spring
smile.png
, then hopefully the shipping people wont OPEN THE BOX!!
somad.gif
or put it ON A HEATER!

glad you chicks made it!! their adorable!

Last edited:
its ok, we have ordered from McM before and had ONE chick with splayed leg/dead!!! ideal said that they didnt freeze to death but that the shipping people opened the box (it did come open) and like put them on heaters and then they went to a cold truck, we got refunded for the chicks and will re-order in the spring
smile.png
, then hopefully the shipping people wont OPEN THE BOX!!
somad.gif
or put it ON A HEATER!

glad you chicks made it!! their adorable!

Man, that's just crazy that anyone would do that. Poor babies. :(

Back
Top Bottom