My new Ducklings won't eat, drink, or play in their little bath. Help?

If it is medicated you cant feed it too Ducklings....Chicks are fine...I do not know what that brand is?.....I use Pro-form feeds...
Depends on what the medication is. Amprolium is completely safe for ducklings. It's the older coccidia drugs that used to be used in feeds that are harmful to ducks. If the feed is medicated with amprolium, it's fine to give to ducks.

They were using the same kind of lamp I do, a red heat lamp.

That is not the problem then. I've only ever seen white being used in our local feed/farm stores for them, that's why I asked. Also, I agree with what junebuggena said about the placement of their heat, and food & water, and brooder size.

Last edited:
They were using the same kind of lamp I do, a red heat lamp.

That is not the problem then.  I've only ever seen white being used in our local feed/farm stores for them, that's why I asked.  Also, I agree with what junebuggena said about the placement of their heat, and food & water, and brooder size. 

I use red bulbs all the time....:)....They are fine...;)

@Miss Lydia
I have always used red bulbs never white because they can throw off sleep patterns.Who can sleep with a bright light in your eyes? as for feed I have never used medicated but I have heard even @casportpony mention that feed with amprolium is okay to feed to water fowl. if you can get it with out that to me is better.

Last edited:
I have always used red bulbs never white because they can throw off sleep patterns.Who can sleep with a bright light in your eyes?   as for feed I have never used medicated but I have heard even @casportpony
mention that feed with amprolium is okay to feed to water fowl.  if you can get it with out that to me is better. 

Miss Lydia, how long does it take for wet feed to spoil? I don't want to leave my ducks overnight with spoiled food..

Back
Top Bottom