My new Lavender Orpington chicks

Hi,
they are really cute. Question, are they a Lavender Orpington as named so by the breeder or are you calling them lavender because they look lavender. If they are truly Lavenders, they are quite valuable.
I have Buff variety and also non-Buff Orpingtons: blue, black, splash, white on occasion. I love their personalities. Even the roosters are calm and sociable.

Here's my Lavender Orp "Violet". I just love the color. I order the Lavender eggs on ebay and hatched them. She was the only pullet
hmm.png

10 weeks

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Yes, the breeder hatches out only Lavender Orpingtons. She told the two lines her original eggs came from, but for the life of me, I can't remember. I'm sure if I heard them, I'd at least remember 1! From our discussion, she seemed to be very into the genetics of the Orpingtons, which got me interested. Her flock was gorgeous, and the birds were so big and calm. The breeder's young daughter was carrying around one of the enormous roosters who looked totally relaxed.

So far my chicks are doing great. I've been busy dealing with raccoons this week so this is the 1st I've been back to check this thread in a few days. I caught a coon sneaking up behind my 11 week old pullets, so I've been busy chasing, yelling, and throwing rocks. Yeah, I know, not the most effective. Anyway, I'll be taking lots of pics as these new girls
fl.gif
grow up!

Last edited:
I got them from a breeder close to Kankakee. It was an hour drive for me. I believe she said she was about done hatching for awhile though. Her flock was beautiful!

I just picked up 3 lavendars myself from Chilliwack, BC. They are so cute, I cant wait to see them grow up to be the robust chickens they will be! I also got some black copper marans and some blue lcaced red wyandottes

Last edited:
I'm loving mine, though I think 1 is turning out to be a cokerel, so I won't be keeping him. They're 8 weeks old now, so I'll have to get more pics later today and post them.

Back
Top Bottom