My new Pigeons, what kind are they?

nearly certain these are old german owls
You make a strong case also. The only comment is it possible you both might be right?
One bird has large eyes the other not as predominate.
Personally I will still choose a good homing pigeon over any fancy pigeon.
Regardless who is right or wrong you both made good educated guesses.

Last edited:
I do have these 2 Fancy Pigeons in with these 2 girls, one is just a regular city pigeon and I don't know what kind the white one is. I was never really into pigeons but I got a call from my local animal control about the white one cause it came in injured and would never be able to fly again and if it didn't find a home then she would be put down so I took her and that's how I got my very 1st pigeon. The city bird was also a rescue, I got a call about her because I put the word out I needed another to keep my white one company,this was close to a year ago. And since then I have grown fond of pigeons no matter what kind they are! I was looking for a male for them and happen to see the fancy pair at an Auction and was hoping 1 was a male, which the white with
Toot toot and Macon.jpg
black one to me looks like a male. I didn't get them cause they were so called "fancy" they were bought for companions for my others.

'Turbit' it is. The beaks on this pair are not as small as some that I have seen. Some do need their eggs fostered to long beak birds, but hopefully these can feed their own young. There is a special feed for 'short billed' birds.

The feed should consist of small grains and seeds so they are easy for the short beaked birds to eat. Large peas, and large grains will be impossible for the birds to pick up and eat.

But, this is not the reason to foster the squabs. They can not feed the squabs because of the short beak makes is too difficult, not because of the actual food.

This is why I don't like these kind of breeds. If yours hatch out squabs you can transfer the squabs to a broody pigeon pair that has the normal shaped beak so they can feed them.

If I was to sell them, what should I ask for? One is picking on one of my orginal pigeons so they must go. I could bring them to the auction but I prefer selling directly.

Back
Top Bottom