my pet chicken reviews

Pics
I order 10 golden buff hens from them and once they reached almost 3 months old i realized that they were all roosters instead of hens. I emailed and called them about the mistake. They just called me and I will be getting a full refund for all 10 chickens.

Last edited:
I order 10 golden buff hens from them and once they reached almost 3 months old i realized that they were all roosters instead of hens. I emailed and called them about the mistake. They just called me and I will be getting a full refund for all 10 chickens

Last edited:
Do not order chicks from them!!!!
I order 10 golden buff hens from them and once they reached almost 3 months old i realized that they were all roosters instead of hens. I emailed and called them about the mistake. The guy I spoke to on the phone got my credit card info and said i would get a refund for all 10. Two days later they emailed me and said i would have to send them a picture of all 10 in one photo before they could give me a refund. Well I had already gave 4 of them away after talking to the guy on the phone. When i told them that, they said it voids the warranty and they were not going to refund my money for the 4 i gave a way. I have feed these 10 chickens for 3 months and couldn't wait until i could have eggs. Now I will have to buy more chicks and start all over which means it will be 6 months before i have any eggs.

That is an interesting mistake given that their "golden buffs" are red sex links -- not only are they sexable at hatch on sight, but the difference in gender as they feathered out would have also been quite obvious well before 3 months. Were they your first sex links?

x2 on what Ole Gray Mare said.....Golden Buffs, also known by several other names, are easily sexed at hatch. If your chickens at 3 months old are mostly white with a little bit of red, they are roos. If they are red with some white on them, they're pullets. So it really makes me wonder if yours are indeed boys. If you ended up with 10 white birds, then you did get roos. Otherwise they are girls.

Golden Buff cockerel at about 3 months.

Golden Buff pullet on the far right.

Do not order chicks from them!!!!

I order 10 golden buff hens from them and once they reached almost 3 months old i realized that they were all roosters instead of hens. I emailed and called them about the mistake. The guy I spoke to on the phone got my credit card info and said i would get a refund for all 10. Two days later they emailed me and said i would have to send them a picture of all 10 in one photo before they could give me a refund. Well I had already gave 4 of them away after talking to the guy on the phone. When i told them that, they said it voids the warranty and they were not going to refund my money for the 4 i gave a way. I have feed these 10 chickens for 3 months and couldn't wait until i could have eggs. Now I will have to buy more chicks and start all over which means it will be 6 months before i have any eggs.
I'm so sorry to hear this! I ordered 9 female chicks from them and I'm starting to think one of my Silkies is a boy. I really hope they'll be reasonable if it is a roo, or if any others turn out to be roos too.

info on MY PET CHICKEN ...! ITS A GOOD ONE...! I felt they were a good company & talked to them several times on the phone before i ordered , they are located in CT my home state, and so after looking at all the hatcheries and what they had available , plus reading all the complaints, on daves garden site they have reviews on hatcheries & some were pretty scary....lol... golly, I decided to go with MY PET CHICKEN, we got 8 chicks from them, 6 girls & 2 boys, 1 boy a SLW i got for my SLW year old girls i had hand picked at the feed store , they didn't have any boys for sale only all girls, so i waited to order one in this group and ordered my SLW boy, for my SLW girls, id rather a young roo for my older ladies so they can tame & train HIM to be more respectful of the ladies ....lol..
wink.png
the other boy a CW for the 6 girls we hope we got....lol... all the chicks are combative and most are acting like boys ....lol.... and makes you think you have all cockerels, but still waiting to see those Wattles hanging ..lol......lol...so all were in very good condition one was a bit lethargic for about 10 minutes the shipping was not kind to her, but after getting a good brooder temp drink of filtered water she was ok..! it was June in AZ and not a cold day in sight for the next 7 months or more , so i cant complain, all nice boned on theses chicks , the CW boy has some good big bones on him, he is the biggest chick at 3.5 weeks old he is a big guy, & hopefully the only CW cockerel we have
fl.gif
....lol...but i will post if we have any CW cockerels for sale , so here are pics from the week of June 24,15 they are playing with a cereal box....lol.. they love all the colors on it....lol......
big_smile.png
so well i would buy from MY PET CHICKEN again ,im happy, but if they sent me more cockerels then i had ordered, and that means less pullets then i ordered, then im not gonna be so happy..
lol.png
wink.png
..lol.. but i hate all that shipping from CT or Ohio, or were ever theses chicks originated from .? the shipping to AZ was the only thing i didn't like just a bit to much traveling & I would rather find a much closer hatchery, looked at the one in CA . i don't remember why i didn't go with them...? they would be closer to AZ, but it could be because a lot of hatcheries wont ship less then 15 chicks , i didn't need 15 chicks , so i went with my pet chicken & it may have cost a bit more, but thats the shipping part , they felt like a good place to go with and I will use them again, we are not disappointed at all ,unless we have a lot more cockerels then we think...lol.. like i said....lol.....lol...
roll.png
but theses are nice chicks , O & yes some hatcheries didnt have the CW at all in there small order, line up, that's another reason why i went with MY PET CHICKEN, & I do believe they are a good company..!!!! O and a heads up on this >>> i just tried to call Privet hatchery in NM & their phone was disconnected...? so hmmmmmm whats up with that..? O gosh now one less hatchery near me, dang it..?
sad.png
hit.gif
well so hoping you all have a good one , Take care Dianna
frow.gif
....lol.... all those colors very exciting indeed ...lol....
lol.png
big_smile.png
D.gif

Last edited:
sorry, here is an up date on PRIVET hatchery in NM i was given a new number by a good friend this morning who is in NM, so they they are open i just called them , so that new number is 1- 800- 545- 3368 for Privet in NM is open
clap.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom