My pet goose needs a friend, what gender should i get?

TurkeyTurkeyGoose

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2020
My pet goose Peggy has been a wonderful and beloved addition to our flock since i got her along with my turkeys last year. we love how friendly she is, she was even a star attraction at a school petting zoo a few months back and shes been giving us a massive egg every other day since January. Shes been living in the chicken coop ever since we butchered the turkeys but she just sort of ignores the chickens and i think she would enjoy a second goose to keep her company when im not outside. The only question now is if we should get another female or if we should get her a gander. I dont know if she would be jealous of another goose or if she would be any less friendly towards people. If anyone has any ideas i would love to hear them.

Attachments

• 20191019_155243.jpg
    20191019_155243.jpg
    560.9 KB · Views: 8
She will be happy to have a friend of either gender :) A gander is the way to go if you'd like to have fertile eggs and let her hatch some goslings. However, they can get a bit ornery in the breeding season, so if you'd rather not deal with that, then get another goose to keep her company instead.

Back
Top Bottom