My Rabbit Journey~New Pics pg 17

No, they're all raised the same way, and 2, 3, and 4 were even in adjoining cages. 4 is an experienced second-year breeder, and 2 and 3 were first-timers. It's common for my does to take a litter or two to get the hang of mothering, as it's part instinct and part learned behavior. But, I've never had one die after kindling before.
sad.png

This is how it's supposed to end up:

Awwww....they are adorable! Well, I guess, it may be awhile before we actually have bunnies.
sad.png
That's kinda depressing!
No, they're all raised the same way, and 2, 3, and 4 were even in adjoining cages. 4 is an experienced second-year breeder, and 2 and 3 were first-timers. It's common for my does to take a litter or two to get the hang of mothering, as it's part instinct and part learned behavior. But, I've never had one die after kindling before.
sad.png

This is how it's supposed to end up:

I use pine shavings and alfalfa hay. (I used to use straw, but heard that bugs like fleas, mites, and ticks like to live and breed in the hollows.) I fill the nest box about halfway with pine shavings and a little hay, then put a lot more hay on the cage floor for the doe to take in herself.

Back
Top Bottom