My rescue chick from TSC *Pics Added!*

I'm sure the "agricultural purposes" thing is just like the 6 chick lower limit a lot of places are putting on them -- it's all about preventing the disposable Easter chick.

So it's probably a good thing, even if it looks dumb from this direction.

Most places, if you explain that you already have chickens and just need a couple more are going to wave that limit for you.

Last edited:
I think the "agricultural purposes" is because if they sell them as "pets", then they would have to be considered a "pet store" and have different business liscences. As a farm store, they are already allowed to sell agricultural supplies.

Quote:
Many states have laws against them being sold or given away as novelties or pets. The only way to legally sell them in those states is for agricultural purposes.

Just a little update...
She's doing great! Eating, drinking, and pooping like a champ.
celebrate.gif
She's not thrilled about being alone in her mini cage but at least she's safe from the others. As soon as she is healed up, I'll place her with the others.
The manager of TSC explained to me the whole 6 limit rule. Part of it (according to him) is due in part to a specific group of people that forced the limit upon the company. And also to prevent dummies from buying a single chick as a Easter gift.
roll.png
How in the heck did that little tradition get started?

Quote:
Sometimes cities have an ordiance or trying deter city folks for buying them as pets or egg laying purposes like some of us would. They probably do not want to get into trouble with the city officials for selling pullet chicks to folks like us that are NOT wanting to use them for Easter purposes. The word "agricultural" sounds like "city folks, do not buy these chicks". OR they are Cornish X's.

I am not sure but if that is a RSL then it is possibly a roo. I think the pullets are darker red/cinammon color. Maybe a Gold Sex Link?

hu.gif

And for the timely rescue work,
ya.gif
wee.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom