my rooster is mating with my shoe...and not in a cute way

never a dull moment
hmm.png

Quote:
That's a good ratio; unless he turns out to be a real pain of a roo, you should be fine. It's hard to give an exact age --around 12 to 14 weeks I suppose is a fair average. You should see strutting and crowing and maybe some wing dropping / circling before the real mating attempts start. Also maybe some grabbing of neck feathers and chasing girls -- and the girls may start squatting when he is near, or run away.

Omg, I'm still laughing! I read from the first post all the way to the 5th page and I'm still laughing!
lol.png
Thanx a million for sharing!!

Happened yet again this morning....lol, looks like it may not just be a phase. Its the first thing he does when I let him out in the morning!
Thought I would post a picture (NOT of him mating with my shoe, although I am sure I could take one if there are any requests...lol)-- but just look at how happy he is when he is a lap chicken! Seriously he wants me to quit my job and be a stay-at-home chicken mom:(

65860_img_1987.jpg

65860_img_1981.jpg

Well he certainly does look content. Poor honey! Are chickens able to detect scent? If so, maybe you could make a hen saddle from the innersole of his favorite shoes for a lovely white hen to wear on a date. He does look so happy though that maybe you could just suck it up and be his one twue wuv.
big_smile.png

I think I'm gonna have to suck it up and have the weirdest roo on the face of the planet...oh well, I love him too...just not in the same way! lol

Quote:
Um....we don't talk about that anymore.
rant.gif
hide.gif

Perhaps you don't talk about that anymore... but I still find it
lau.gif
. Your story still makes me laugh out loud when I think about it... but ... hmmm... I can't seem to find that thread on here anymore... what did you do?

Your story made me look at roosters in a whole new way and with a lot more respect. I will never turn my back on a rooster again...
lau.gif
gig.gif

Oh, I did enjoy reading this post.
clap.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
It really is quite fascinating. He certainly has a fixation! Remember though, most love does not last forever and chickens do not mate for a lifetime. I hope you have a backup!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom