my rooster is mating with my shoe...and not in a cute way

Quote:
It had been a bleak morning til this OMG
wee.gif
lau.gif
lol.png

lau.gif
Haha, to funny! My frizzle roo grabs his own neck feathers where they flop over his head and loves himself
ep.gif
every day when I go out to feed. Gotta love chickens, never a dull moment.

Quote:
Very funny thread(hair gel.....)

If by biting the hens he also bites down and doesn't let go for a bit... he may be interested but really confused as what to do. I'd choose a very willing hen- one that squats easily to work with him. When he's biting down and the hen is squatting, swing his body over her body.. the mating action is almost automatic so that may be all it takes for him to complete the mating motion with the hen. Perhaps the light bulb will finally go off as for his 'special purpose'(ala the movie The Jerk) immediately afterwards or he may need that several times.

Unfortunately even if he finally does roosterly things with the hens, he may still be interested in shoes occasionally. I had a cockerel that was raised alone and released free range early on. He chose to imprint on an inflatable(heh) volleyball and when he matured, he chose to practice mating on this ball. He eventually figured out hens but at least once a day he would leave the girls, run full speed towards the volleyball and breed it. That ball eventually got a leak.. um, he could not do much with it anymore and eventually gave it up.

Well, its official...he is also interested in my actual feet! He spent most of the day in the dog run that is split in half between him and the hens, and when he saw me pull in the driveway he started getting very agitated and hopping up and down (typical)...THEN, the minute I let him out, he ran straight up the two flights of stairs to my apt (also typical behavior for him!). Unfortunately, I made the mistake of wearing flip flops today....SO when I reached the top of the stairs I got a "love bite" and wing cover over my foot...And, yes, the running shoe was right there outside by the door...guess my naked foot has more easy access...
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom