My story of finding and building the best heater

Ventilation is not something a heater can do - we improve ventilation by cutting holes into our coops above the roosting bars and then securely covering them with hardware cloth. Ventilation is critical because moisture plus freezing equals frostbite. Next, we do not want air circulation in a heater because chickens are dusty and their lungs are very fragile, so we don't want to blow around dust. That is why I use a radiant heater.
That's a good point (blowing dust around). I was thinking more of laminar flow - like in the house furnace register - this way dust is not blown, and same time there is better air circulation to benefit the circulation in dead air spots (like stink and ammonia). What do you think?

That's a good point (blowing dust around). I was thinking more of laminar flow - like in the house furnace register - this way dust is not blown, and same time there is better air circulation to benefit the circulation in dead air spots (like stink and ammonia). What do you think?
That would work as well - a mini furnace so to say.

Hey guys - thanks again everyone for the feedback and the comments! Since I am new at hobby farming, I wanted to hear from experienced people. My concern was the heater (or the climate controller, which I couldn't find up to my satisfaction on the market. I going to build a forced air, ideally answering all the essential features in one, and update on a progress. There is some work that already was done, like safety part and wifi connection with App. We (me and my friend) are going to test it soon within the farming community, here in Alberta... let's see how it works in real life, and if really will be any difference from the current solutions...;)

Back
Top Bottom