My Story, Our experience, join me on my adventure!

...Sorry about your losses. Thanks for sharing your journey. I wanted to start blogging about mine as well. It has been an interesting journey! I learned the hard way too...Unfortunately, what ever it was that broke in the run took out my flock. It was a while before I wanted to see a chicken again..Now, I am building my flock in the winter so they will be closer to laying when it's time to go outside. Luckily I could renovate some unused space and garage space for them.

...Sorry about your losses. Thanks for sharing your journey. I wanted to start blogging about mine as well. It has been an interesting journey!   I learned the hard way too...Unfortunately, what ever it was that broke in the run took out my flock. It was a while before I wanted to see a chicken again..Now, I am building my flock in the winter so they will be closer to laying when it's time to go outside. Luckily I could renovate some unused space and garage space for them.

Thanks, no real updates currently apart from my araucana comb is slowly getting redder.

I always wanted to blog about my flock but just never got round to it, that and when it was nearer the time of my losses I didn't really want to talk about it; losing pets sucks!
Oh and I'm planning on getting chicks in the spring. :)

I will get three but I'm unsure quite yet on the breeds, it will probably be:
A welsummer, a cream legbar and a silver Sussex or speckeldy or another Polish :) I'm going for beauty with egg colour variety.

Okay this isn't an update as not much has happened but I made this post on another thread and I just thought it would give you some idea of my late hen hermione rip x :

I thought that said "heroine". I will name my future (we all know I will have chickens again) chickens; Cocaine, Heroin, Crack, Angel Dust... I know. A heroine should not be confused with heroin. But it's where my mind went, and I'm looking forward to it!

This made me laugh so much! No, I had a hen called hermione because around her neck (she was a glossy black hen) she had orange and gold. In the sun her black feathers would sparkle blue and green, I always thought it looked like Magic dancing around her (and the black was her Cape) she was gorgeous rip x

Yes she is on our window sill - she flew up

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom