My totally FREE coop!! FINALLY FINISHED!! (all pics on 1st post)

jenlynn4

Songster
13 Years
Jan 12, 2007
PA
I saw that my neighbor was throwing away these pannel looking things so I went to check it out. I got closer and saw they were some kind of privacy/retaining wall. My mind started clicking. I was thinking "thats an awful lot of useable t1 11 and 2x4's. I told hubby to ask him if I could have it. He waited and waited and the next thing I know I look out my window and he is starting to BURN them! I was like ohhhh no you dont! So I made hubby go and drag them out of the burn pile while it was going! LOL So the black stuff you see on some of the pannels is the smoke from the other part of the fire. Thankfully we got em before they caught on fire. YIPPEE! Here is my new FREE coop so far:

****PICS WILL BE BACK ON ON 11-1-11...THEY SAID I EXCEEDED MY PAGE VIEWS...SORRY Y'ALL.
roll.png

UNTILL THEY COME BACK THEY CAN BE SEEN ON MY WEBSITE: www.sassysilkie.com

Now they are telling me they will be on the day of the month that I created my account....who knows when that is! LOL You'll just have to look on my site...there are not as many pics there but you can get the idea untill these get back on. JEN

This is the Deck that my dad got for free from his friend off of his old camper:

cid__Photo09271246_1.jpg

freecoopandebay012.jpg

This is what the pannels looked like put together:

freecoopandebay047.jpg

And This is what we did today:

freecoopandebay013.jpg

freecoopandebay016.jpg

freecoopandebay019.jpg

freecoopandebay024.jpg

freecoopandebay027.jpg

Finished with part 1 now we just gotta keep woking on it...I cant wait till its done!!!! I will keep you posted on the progress.
big_smile.png

Here is the front wall totally framed in: (thats all we got done before I had to go to work today)

frontwalldone010.jpg

OK here what we got done today!!!

All walls are framed in:

freecoop002.jpg

Window went in:

freecoop006.jpg

2x4's got notched out for studs:

freecoop008.jpg

Studs are up and ready for decking:

freecoop011.jpg

YIPPEE ALMOST DONE!!!! We would have got finished today but we got rained out!

Decking on:

newcoop1.jpg

Trim boards and drip edge going up:

newcoop2.jpg

Tar paper layed down:

newcoop4.jpg

The foreman helping to start the shingle pattern:

newcoop5.jpg

This is were it started to rain and we had to hurry and lay the roof so no more pics till it was complete

There is the completed roof! :

newcoop7.jpg

ok ALMOST done!!! We ran out of daylight and had to run kids around too...darn it. I hope to totally finish tuesday.
wink.png

heres the outside:

coop5.jpg

Laying down pannels on the floor to seal up the cracks:

coop7.jpg

Putting up frame for pens: (we got more done inside but I have to post pics tomorrow because it got to dark):

coop2.jpg

Heres what they look like now from the front:

coop1.jpg

Heres some better pics:

Outside (finally got my bushes trimmed too)

newcoop2002.jpg

Here is the orp pen that is going to be fully enclosed:

newcoop2003.jpg

These are going to be 2 more silkie pens from my Paint silkies and my young birds to winter over:

newcoop2005.jpg

HEAY!!!! DID YOU GET OUR HOUSE DONE YET???? COME ON....WE'RE WAITING!

newcoop2011.jpg

yippeeee We are finally finished...Here are the pics of the inside. I will get pics of the outside and runs tomorrow.

coopcompleted002.jpg

coopcompleted003.jpg

coopcompleted005.jpg

coopcompleted006.jpg

coopcompleted008.jpg

coopcompleted009.jpg

coopcompleted010.jpg

coopcompleted012.jpg

coopcompleted014.jpg

Last edited:
I was gonna cry when I saw the fire! I started SCREAMING at my husband! LOL he went out in the rain and pulled them out of the fire. Nothing got burned at all the black is just smoke that will wash right off. We are gonna wash it and re paint to match my other coop.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom