My Turkey can't Walk!

Thanks Ivan3.
woot.gif

I have heritage Bourbon Reds and also Beltsville Whites which are also heritage turkeys.
I would recommend that you check out the Beltsville Whites, as they have a very unique personallity.
They are a little smaller than normal breeds of turkeys.
You could also check out the Miget Whites.
A couple of guys and I are trying to start a Beltsville group on here for the preservation of the breed.
As of now I have thirteen Beltsvilles. 7 are definately male and possibally I have 6 female. I wished I had more females, like a 2 or 3 to 1 ratio would be better.
I am hopeing that my girls will lay some fertile eggs next spring, so I can get a couple more females, other than that I plan on giving away any surplus eggs to anyone who wants to keep the line going.
Dennis

I have heritage Bourbon Reds and also Beltsville Whites which are also heritage turkeys.
I would recommend that you check out the Beltsville Whites, as they have a very unique personallity.
They are a little smaller than normal breeds of turkeys.
You could also check out the Miget Whites.
A couple of guys and I are trying to start a Beltsville group on here for the preservation of the breed.
As of now I have thirteen Beltsvilles. 7 are definately male and possibally I have 6 female. I wished I had more females, like a 2 or 3 to 1 ratio would be better.
I am hopeing that my girls will lay some fertile eggs next spring, so I can get a couple more females, other than that I plan on giving away any surplus eggs to anyone who wants to keep the line going.
Dennis
Conservation is important and that is a wonderful thing you are doing by giving away extra eggs. I myself have chosen Black & Lilac Turkeys due to their positions on The Livestock Breed Conservancy's list.

FYI for @CakeMonster both white breeds @Hounds51 mentions are listed on the critically endangered list along with Lilacs. Blacks are another breed on the list but unsure of their exact position (They show under the Watch list but when you click them it says they are critical).

Back
Top Bottom