Mysteriously Disappearing Eggs + No Hatches

Oh bugger.lol. Sorry, my mind is dead today. I didn't notice I wasn't talking to biddy hahah.
Well she said at the start that they are due on the 8th and why they hadn't hatched yet so I was asking her where she got her dates wrong to be out by a week.lol.???

Oh, I must have missed that, I was going on what she said a few pages in...on or around the 15th....
hu.gif

Haha, sorry for the confusion guys. Yes, the due date is now the 15th. I decided to give the eggs another week since my mind basically blew up one day and though they'd hatch on the 8th, but I now realize now that that was 21 days, not 28. cluckcluckluke, once you said it was 28 days for ducks I was falling asleep thinking about ducklings but just as I was about to sleep, I realized "Wait, that's a week BEFORE they should hatch!", but sadly my computer crashed and would not start so I decided to head to bed.

No, they have not hatched yet. However last night I was candling one and it had a LOT, and I mean A LOT, of movement. It also had a little nub looking thing kinda poking the airsac. It might just have been stretching or something, but it looked like something might have been trying to breath. And one question, do eggs sleep? It might sound like a stupid question but I just want to clarify this.

Haha, sorry for the confusion guys. Yes, the due date is now the 15th. I decided to give the eggs another week since my mind basically blew up one day and though they'd hatch on the 8th, but I now realize now that that was 21 days, not 28. cluckcluckluke, once you said it was 28 days for ducks I was falling asleep thinking about ducklings but just as I was about to sleep, I realized "Wait, that's a week BEFORE they should hatch!", but sadly my computer crashed and would not start so I decided to head to bed.

No, they have not hatched yet. However last night I was candling one and it had a LOT, and I mean A LOT, of movement. It also had a little nub looking thing kinda poking the airsac. It might just have been stretching or something, but it looked like something might have been trying to breath. And one question, do eggs sleep? It might sound like a stupid question but I just want to clarify this.
gig.gif
Well I am glad your mind is all better now and all confusion has been cleaned up hahah
smile.png

Well if I was you, I would just sit on my hands and wait. Stop playing with those eggs, keep them warm, wait and keep us updated
big_smile.png

gig.gif
Well I am glad your mind is all better now and all confusion has been cleaned up hahah
smile.png

Well if I was you, I would just sit on my hands and wait. Stop playing with those eggs, keep them warm, wait and keep us updated
big_smile.png

I'm going to second that! At this stage messing with them will do more harm then good... Let them be, get into position and hatch
big_smile.png

Good Luck BiddyBoo8!!!
fl.gif

clap.gif
Yippee!! 3 out of 6 eggs have pipped into the airsac! You can easily see it's beak breathing in it! We do have one though that looks dead. I am giving it a bit before we pronounce it dead, though! They all certainly look alive except for the dead-looking one though. If it is dead I'm gonna do an eggtopsy.

clap.gif
Yippee!! 3 out of 6 eggs have pipped into the airsac! You can easily see it's beak breathing in it! We do have one though that looks dead. I am giving it a bit before we pronounce it dead, though! They all certainly look alive except for the dead-looking one though. If it is dead I'm gonna do an eggtopsy.

May I suggest you wait until 72 hours after the last hatch just to make sure it's not just lagging behind...

Yes, I certainly agree about the waiting. I have had duck eggs hatch 5 days after the initial hatch, and I have had eggs hatch that had no visible movement. If the egg in question has good visible veins chances are it is viable.

Back
Top Bottom